Dirty secrets

Authors note:
Sorry for taking so long w this stupid ass chapter. I'm in a slump atm and have no idea what to write or what to do with this fic so if u have any recs or ideas of what you wanna see happen comment down below. This chapter is mostly chill and goes a bit deeper into her stalker problem, again sorry for any mistakes this is a draft and is being updated and changed constantly, enjoy <3

Wednesday's POV:

I slowly open my eyes to a lightless room, I squint at the large half-mosaic window, it's still dark outside, I should go back to sleep, but I can't. There are to many things going on in my mind at the moment, so I decide to focus on the one I haven't covered; the picture of me and Tyler through the window.

I open my phone and scroll through to find the message, I open the picture and zoom in to see if I can note any sort of reflection traced on the window, there isn't one. I check for a message attached to this incriminating piece of evidence to which I find none, it's just the picture, how odd. Most 'evil masterminds' or blackmailers love to gloat about their expertise and their evidence of dirty secrets, in fairness my stalker probably isn't the normalist person out there, spying through windows, sending pictures of me with people in broad daylight.

I look at the other photos they have sent me, one of me and Tyler sitting in the Weathervane, another of Xavier gifting me my phone and of course the one of me and Tyler through the window. Two in very public spaces, one in private. Two featuring Tyler, one featuring Xavier. Even though The private space belonged to Tyler, his house. Oh and of course don't forget the awfully daunting and vague message of " I'm watching you👀" after the first two pictures, followed by what I assume a custom made GIF, I guess they do like to taunt.

I decide to get out of bed and make sure all of me and Tyler's uniform is there, I know they're there, I checked before I went to bed last night, but I decide to check again, just to take my mind of things. I walk towards the closet and step in. I move a couple of hangers around and take out two sets of uniforms. Yep all there. I close the door behind me and place both of the hangers on the doorhandle.

I walk slowly to the corner where Tyler is sleeping. I watch him for a little, with as much care and consideration as I did the night he 'faked' the attack. I watch his chest move in an slight up and down motion and wonder if the scars are still there, with one hand resting at the back of his head, the same way he slept that night. But something is different, the scars still visible in the night. Through the darkness I can see the scars eched all over his skin; on his hands, following up his arms in not particular pattern.

I follow the trails of old sliced flesh up his neck and stare at the large gashes over his eye. Were the scars from Enid or himself? The wound didn't effect his sight to my knowledge, or his attitude towards Enid, maybe he wasn't aware it was Enid who put them there, or maybe he just didn't care.

They have healed nicely but are most likely permanant, which isn't suprising considering how deep they go.

"Wednesday? What are you doing?" Tyler mumbles, opening one eye slightly, I can sense his confusion without being able to see much of it in the depth of my shadow cloaking the corner.

I quickly shuffle back to my bed and pretened to be asleep, hoping he'll just assume he imagined it. He starts moving around uncomfortably and eventually gets up.

He walks to the window where a few cracks of the morning sun are shining through, tracing faint patterns on the floor.

Tyler looks intensely at the view, consisting of far away trees and some walkways of the school. I don't know what hes thinking about, but from the strain on his face it isn't positive.

I move slightly so I can get a better view of him while still keeping my eyes barely open, he turns his head to look at me, his gaze softening. His scars look even deeper in the dim light then they did in the dark, but not all scars are visible.

He takes a deep breath of the chilly air flowing in from the outside, Enid must've forgot to close the window after her pathetic reenatchment of romeo and juilet on the balcony with Ajax. Tyler closes the small opening in the shape of a shard of glass, one of the many making up the large window, and climbs back into bed.

What was he thinking about? I wonder, thornhill? His mom? Me? That last one is rather egotistical but probable in the case of him thinking he imagined me standing over his bed looking over him at the crack of dawn.

I sat awake for the next couple hours, listening to the faint snoring coming from the corner next to the wardrobe. the sun almost up now which means its almost Tyler's first offical day at nevermore.

I look over at my clock and see 7am blinking back at me, we start classes at 9, not including breakfast and morning announcements, so we still have a good amount of time before facing the judgemental glares I know will be looking our way.

I hear Enid sliding on her wolf slippers and making her way towards my bed, I keep my eyes closed.

"Weeednesday.." she whispers in my ear, trying to make her voice sound as haunting as possible, it doesn't work. I open my eyes and stare into hers.

"Morning! Go get Tyler up and get ready!" She squeaks, pracitically bouncing around the room. I sit up and rotate my head to face her.

"What are you so happy about?" I say, stepping out of bed and walking over to Tyler.

"It's our first offical day back! I'm gonna ask to sit next to Ajax in science, no offence or anything I just assumed you would wanna sit next to Tyler because you're worried about him and all-" she sounds like she's pleading innocence in a courtroom.

"I'm not worried about anyone. Tyler can handle himself. Sit next to Ajax, I honestly don't care." I'm standing over Tyler's bed now, still turning my head half way to talk to Enid.

"You don't care about me? I'm absolutely heartbroken. I hear Tyler say below me, I look down to him pretending to have died from heartbreak, the action unsettles me. Which is a very strange reaction as I'm not uncomfortable with death, but this is different. It Makes me think back to the awful night terrors I had of him being ripped to shreds by the monster after his 'attack' at the gate's mansion, that obviously isn't a concern anymore, I never told anyone about my worrisome dreams that I feared were secret visions, nore do I let the discomfort show on my face, but Tyler somehow picks up on it and changes the subject.

"So, when do we have to be ready by?" He asks, mostly directed at Enid but I answer anyway.

"We should start getting ready now, classes start at 9 and that doesn't count breakfast so hurry up." Tyler grabs his uniform and goes to get changed in the boys bathroom, I head for the closet.