The garden.

Once the movie ended everyone either went to someone's room or stayed in the commons room to play games. Swiss had scurried off with Cirrus, much to Graves dismay, and Aether was currently playing uno with Cumulus, Sunshine, and Dew. Sunshine won causing Dew to storm off with Aether. Sunshine said her goodbyes and told Graves to be at band practice so they could figure out what he was gonna do before she left for her room. Cumulus looked to Graves, who was still seated at the edge of the couch with his body leaning against the armrest.

"Hey, you wanna go to the garden? It's only 4 PM so the Sisters Of Sin probably aren't out!" Cumulus asked as she put away Uno cards.

"There's a garden? I had no idea! Of course I do!" Graves excitedly replied, hurrying over to help Cumulus so they could go quicker. Cumulus laughed and smiled warmly at the taller ghoul.

Graves tossed the box of cards on top of other board games they had shoved into the corner and ran to his room to grab his mask. Cumulus followed close behind, as her room was right across from his. They slipped on their masks and Cumulus took Graves had, leading him through the halls towards a back door that lead to a gorgeous garden. Rows and rows of flowers outgrew their pots whilst still looking well kept. Graves smiled widely underneath his mask, sharp fangs on full display. His tail was wagging without him even knowing it, he had kind of forgotten they had tails. Cumulus chuckled at his reaction and lead him further into the garden, taking a few stops so he could admire it. There was a bench near the end of the garden with flowers and bushes growing around it and allowing just enough room to sit. Cumulus gesturing for Graves to sit, sitting closely next to him afterwards.

"Primo, Papa I began to take care of the garden. He still does, despite the previous Papas requests for him to just let the Sisters Of Sin care for it. There's a clearing between one of the bushes that leads to the cemetery. Interesting, yeah?" Cumulus rambled, hand linking with Graves again. He nodded, still amazed by the garden. He felt calm, happy, energized, he felt complete. Cumulus rested her head on Graves shoulder, just enjoying his pure, unfiltered joy in that moment. Graves looked down to Cumulus and his smile got impossiblely bigger.

He pulled her in for a hug suddenly, arms tightly wrapping around her and pulling her closer to himself. He sniffled and shook slightly, making Cumulus realize he was crying. She leaned back and put her hands on his shoulders.

"You alright? Do you need to go back inside?" She asked hurriedly, worry lacing her words. Graves just shook his head and smiled again.

"No, no. I'm happy. I am! Thank you, thank you so much." He replied, his voice trembling. Cumulus pulled his back into a hug. Graves rested his head on top of hers. They stayed like that for a moment, enjoying the others embrace.

Graves mumbled something Cumulus couldn't quite understand, causing her to pull away and look up to him.

"What was that, Graves? Speak up." She asked softly, gently running her hand up and down Graves arm. Instead of answering, he just brushed her bangs away and pressed a kiss to her forehead, smiling wildly. Cumulus had the same expression and moved her hand from his arm to his mask, taking it off and running a hand through his hair.

Graves leaned against the back of the bench and lifted Cumulus up onto his lap. Cumulus rested her head into the crook of his neck while Graves let his hands wander. The two of them were still in their night clothes, Cumulus being in a tank top and baggy sweatpants. He wrapped one arm around her waist and the other sat next to him on the cool metal of the benc. The sun drifted across the sky and eventually Primo came out to manage the garden and water the plants. Graves shook Cumulus off himself and threw his mask on quickly.

"The hell- Graves, you don't have to keep masks on around the Papas!" Cumulus yelped as she fell onto the bench.

"I don't?! Really?!"

"Yes, yes! It can be impolite depending on who but with Primo it's fine."

Graves just stared at her shocked, but quickly apologized to her after a moment.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Besides, we should go inside. Band practice is in a bit I'd assume." Cumulus said and she stood and reached a hand out to Graves. He took her hand and stayed close, almost too close, to her as they walked back the the commons room. They were greeted by ghouls rushing in and out of rooms, grabbing picks and drumsticks, borrowing uniforms, anything you'd need for practice really. Cumulus looked to the large clock on the wall and quickly ran off to her room to change and grab anything she'd need. Dew yelled at Graves for him to get his shit together and get ready for his first practice.

Graves ran to his room and slipped into his uniform, tossing his hoodie and sweatpants onto his bed. Cirrus grabbed his arm and he was leaving his room and dragged him to the practice room before leaving to gather the others. Graves was greeted by Sunshine, Swiss, and Copia making small talk and setting up mic stands. Copia noticed him just standing off to the side and smiled.