Happy Birthday

This breaks that day by day thing I had going on sorry y'all

——————————————————

Graves awoke to the sound of rapid knocking on his door. He groaned and sleepily opened the door, being greeted by an overly excited Sunshine.

"Oh I'm sorry dear! I didn't realize you were still asleep, it's so late in the day." Sunshine apologized as he moved to hug the ghoul in front of her. Graves just chuckled and patted her back waiting for her to say what she needed.

"Oh! Right! The ghouls wanna see you in the commons room! Try to be fast, ok?" Sunshine said before scurrying down the halls.

Graves rubbed his eyes and threw on a shirt he had thrown on the floor before smoothing down his hair with his hand.

He stumbled to the commons room and flicked on the lights, loud "happy birthdays!" and "congrats Graves!" waking him up instantly. He stared in disbelief. There was a handmade banner that said happy birthday hanging above the TV and a pile of wrapped gifts next to the table where a cake sat.

Tears filled his eyes and blurred his vision, the group of ghouls infront of him blending into the couch. He rushed towards them and hugged the first ghoul he could, sobbing into their shirt. He mumbled thank you's and something about how he didn't deserve this.

"Happy first birthday as a ghoul, Graves!" Swiss said, peeling him away from Rain and holding his face. He kissed his tears away and lightly shook the taller ghoul.

"You gonna open gifts or not?" Dew called out from a group on the other side of the room. Aether hit the back of his head and waved at Graves with an apologetic smile on his face.

Graves tore into the presents. Some where from the ghouls, others were of Sisters Of Sin and Papa IV. Who it was from didn't matter to the ghoul, though. He loved the fact they cared enough to get him something.

Swiss had gotten him fairy lights and some books. Aether and Rain had gotten him sweatshirts, posters, and various paintings of the Papas. The ghoulettes had worked together to make a sculpture of Graves' guitar. Mountain bought him a bookshelf with bat wings on the sides. Lastly, Dew had gotten him a ghoul mask that fit his horns better and wasn't too tight. Graves smothered him with kisses and hugs for that.

Graves scurried to his room and ran back to the commons room with a wine bottle in hand minutes later. Swiss, Cirrus, Dew, and Cumulus cheered in excitement, rushing over to him to hug him and thank him for remembering it existed.

Cumulus had given the bottle to Graves a little while back so he could keep it safe since she was out of room for it. When he asked what it was she just shrugged and said they'd find out eventually.

It was a little underwhelming when they finally got the bottle open. It was just peach.

Graves looked to Swiss and told him to go grab actual food so they wouldn't be stuck with cake. He reluctantly agreed and lazily walked to the kitchen.

"Hey, so," Sunshine started after taking a sip from the bottle and passing it over to Cirrus. "how 'bout we play something like truth or dare or 7 minutes? That sounds fun!"

Rain shook his head with a disapproving look on his face. "Sunny, it is 4 PM. We aren't starting that so soon."

"We can drink and fight each other, but you draw the line at stupid games?" Dew said, rolling over on the floor to glare at Rain.

"It's just gonna end with us fucking, leave it till the Sisters Of Sin are out of the Clergy, at least."

Dew just whined and rolled back to stare up at the ceiling. Swiss eventually returned and threw a bag of chips, some store bought fruit salad, and a bag of skittles on the table next to the untouched cake.

Swiss plopped down next to Graves and rested a hand on the others thigh. He leaned back and looked at the ceiling, contemplating his next words.

"It's my birthday so should get to decide, no?" Graves murmured, now closing his eyes.

"Yeah!" Dew chirped, sitting up suddenly.

Rain just shook his head and sighed, muttering a disappointed agree. The room erupted with yeah's and cheers, quickly dying down though.

"So what're we gonna play?" Swiss asked as he turned his attention back to Graves. He thought for a moment, tilting his head to the side a little bit.

"Truth or dare okay?" The ghouls all nodded or murmured yes' and scooted closer to each other.

The group played truth or dare for a while. They had been too caught up in laughing their asses off at dares like children to notice Papa had walked in to ask them something.

Copia cleared his throat and glanced away from the group currently cheering on Dew chugging a bottle of vodka Cirrus had gotten God only knows when. The ghouls paused and turned to look at Copia who was nervously shifting his weight from left to right.

"Happy birthday, Graves! I uh, I just wanted to see if you were having fun. I'll get going." Copia rushed the words out. Graves whined out a "no" and hurried over yo grab Copias arm.

"Cmon, join us! We're all having fun, no reason for you not too." Graves said, practically dragging Copia to sit on one of the couched. He reluctantly sat down next to Swiss and leaned back.

The excitement continued and the dares got more and more serious or dangerous, causing Aether to put a rule that only the ghouls could do dares that risked their lives. Swiss and Cirrus laughed at the fact Copia was upset at that rule while everyone else complained.