39 - Who Is She?

Ian

    I'd been waiting for Megan to walk out of the bedroom for a few minutes now, wondering if she'd changed her mind about the whole Council meeting situation because I hadn't seen her since earlier today.

     She knew the time we were supposed to leave for the meeting though, I called Igor and he sounded more than curious to find out why the fuck I wanted to have a Council meeting in my apartment.

     The short answer was that no, I didn't want any of those fuckers at my place. But since Megan was spending time in Callum's house while she wasn't back at the other apartment, it was safe to keep that information to ourselves.

     My apartment was neutral ground and a better choice, especially since Callum wasn't an active member of the Council and everyone would find it very suspicious if I'd picked his house for my meeting.

     Igor tried to ask me where I'd been or why I was ignoring the very urgent issue between the wolves and the vampires, but I assured him I'd been busy doing my job and that everything would be clarified tonight.

     I couldn't remember if we ever had a meeting outside of Hell like this, let alone with an unexpected guest. The novelty was inviting enough that Igor assured me the whole Council would be present, and scheduling it for tonight revealed how eager he was.

     It was pointless to waste any more time, particularly because Lucifer wanted this to happen.

     My mood had slightly improved throughout the day, I kept an eye on the creature and made sure that thing was still unconscious because I was planning on briefly showing it to the Council before putting it back in the cage. And then I was going to kill it, obviously.

     Megan was quite scared and shocked once she saw the monster-like creature, I could understand how crazy it seemed that her blood had been responsible for it. It was extremely dangerous, just because I knew what she was now didn't mean she was any less unpredictable.

     She didn't say much though, and she continued to avoid me at any chance she got. It was very fucking exasperating to be in the same room as her and yet be ignored, I wasn't used to this. Giving me the cold shoulder was only making me desperate to reverse the situation, I didn't like this at all.

     And it was my job to be close to her, so I had to do something about it.

     Tonight would be extremely overwhelming for her, fuck, for all of us. But she'd be in a room full of high demons that had no idea who or what she was, it wouldn't be welcoming or easy.

     I had to remain fucking calm and make sure they wouldn't do anything to her, she wasn't the one to blame. Our goal was to expose the angels and figure out what we'd do about them, Megan was just another of their victims.

     But if the Council knew she was Lucifer's daughter and a hybrid, they'd either want her dead or worship her. I had a feeling a negative reaction was more likely, demons weren't a fan of drastic changes.

     And we didn't like to be reminded that we weren't as unique and powerful as we thought.

     I wondered if the others ever got as bored as I had, but my life had turned upside down these past months and I never felt more alive. Sure, a lot of headache and trouble also followed... but I literally couldn't picture myself living the same life I was before Megan.

     And speaking of the Devil's daughter, she finally opened the door to walk out of the bedroom.

     Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, with the white locks loose and framing her pretty face. She didn't notice I was leaning against the wall across from her, watching as she adjusted the oversized white sweater she probably borrowed from Callum's closet.