Medicine

Flying off at first was in stumbles, James would never forget how the magic stopped working as soon as he found himself at the height of London's tallest bell tower. But Peter held him with both hands and defended touching the water of the harbors for James to touch. Peter told him not to be afraid. And as soon as he flew again he placed on james's neck a necklace with a loaded little bottle.

- Before you arrive

- Before you arrive. Don't forget to take your medicine.

- Peter! You're back early! - exclaimed the Octopus hugging her adopted son once he arrived at the island. Peter hugged her tightly and holding back tears whispered in her ear.

-I've learned, I'm not going back to the fairies, Mom.

She understood, she imagined the tremendous pain she had gone through, she had heard how fragile and ephemeral the lives of humans were. To return after so many years for him would have been devastating. As much as it hurt, it was a lesson he hoped would be learned for the boy.

After returning his embrace Meredith laid her mystical eyes on James, who appeared at the side of the entrance to her cave.

- Peter... who is she? -

- haha it's "He" mom! it's James , a friend-

- But I thought... -

- He's a new friend. - Said the boy somberly.

She couldn't scold him, she too had broken the first rule of never ever having brought Peter there, but she was glad he had made a new form of companionship.

The nights of visits turned into days, weeks into years of deep friendship. Peter would visit James in the evenings and they would spend days in Neverland until they returned, on earth they would only spend a couple of hours, no one noticed James' absence.

In Neverland, James could feel free, on each of his travels he carried the precious garments from his mother's bedroom, which he could only access by flying from the window at night to the island. He kept those fabrics in a small shelter of giant leaves and wood that the fairies helped him to build at the beginning, and eventually he built together with Peter a tree house in the jungle of the island, not too far from the coast. She had even built together with Peter a human scale wooden model so that she could sew and design with more ease. He could cook as much fish, exotic vegetables and insects as he wanted without feeling played with or watched, drawing all the time every new creature he saw for ever, and they created a tree house with Peter. It was all dreamlike and he was sure it was real, because when he woke up in the morning the feathers he kept from the birds of the island were perched on his bedside table, and his father was alarmed that he had been robbed when he did not find his wife's clothes in the room he rarely opened. James smiled mischievously. Knowing the evidence would never be in the ground.