ᴅᴇᴠɪʟs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅ [ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ]

Bloodied snow was not exactly something people were used to seeing. It sunk into the frost like a rivulet of cranberry juice spilt onto fresh, white linen. More importantly, it didn't make the hot, burning sensation of swollen skin when a wound was opened, pouring out the red fluid. It stayed thick and stagnant, sinking down into whatever laid beneath the permafrost.

Your neck was at an awkward angle and as your eyes fluttered open, your struggled to determine what had exactly stained the snow. Fingers frozen cold, they refused to move under your will. Breath shuddering, your eyes began to water, but you held it in. There was no pain, and you knew that it wasn't you who had been hit with an injury. The dry twigs of the deciduous trees above, filtered the moonlight.

Had you fallen? Attempting to tilt your chin, you glanced down at the flimsy, white dress that you were currently wearing, which wasn't doing much good at keeping you warm. The faintest of sirens wailed in your ears, and your peripherals caught sight of the abstract flashes of red and blue, that were more than just your over active imagination. More than just the faulty wiring in your brain. If only you had paid more attention to the signs, noticed what was brewing beneath the shadows.

But you hadn't. Blindly, you had made the foolish mistake of placing more than you trust into those calloused hands...you had placed your heart. It was an ugly thing, sharp and painful; he had used it as the serrated dagger to stab you in the back. And maybe that's why you were convinced you were bleeding.

"y/n." Softly called that voice.

The very same voice that had crept into your dreams, singing those sweet songs of infidelity and desire into the core of your being. Provoking you to be unfaithful, tempting that deeper, uglier part of you. Luring out the monster wage its destruction over everything you had worked for.

You felt him before you saw him. With your body being completely paralysed in your dream-like trance, you attempted to move, to no avail. To save yourself from your hapless abyss of oblivion. Seeing those haunting eyes, the ones that had mapped your every move, calculated every one of your actions to memory would send you spiraling again.

This wasn't safe. He was not normal...and the more you thought of it...you didn't think you were either. Normal people didn't do the things you had. Normal people didn't make your breed of mistakes. Normal people didn't sell their hearts to the devil.

"When I said running from the past would only make it you harder, I didn't think you would take it seriously." Came that voice of husky honey.

It was so velvety smooth, that drug that you were unable to ween yourself off. Swallowing thickly, you blinked at him as he looked down on you, hands in the pockets of the jacket you had worn so many times.

 Crouching down, he stopped until his pelvis was near to the crown of your head, trying to catch your expression due to the fact you were upside down to him and the shifting shadow of the nearly blue moon.

His fingers slipped down, tracing the slope of your jaw up to the corner of your eye, where involuntary tears had begun to escape. He caught one with the pad of his thumb, bringing them to his tongue, those near carnivorous teeth flashing in the lighting. You were a fool to believe that this psycho was something as tame as vampire.

The pure pride that sparkled in those viridian green eyes told you everything you needed to know. You were officially caught; the hunt proved more than successful.

"Don't cry, pretty baby. What's the problem? You've got what you wanted. Figured out the dirty secret...but you know as well as I do that you're hiding one, too. You're just like me...aren't you?"