ᴏᴍᴇɴs [𝟶𝟷]

No matter what anyone said, it was completely indisputable. It was one damn ugly baby. Something about its cheeks were just too saggy, the crease of its forehead just a little too indented. Plus, their eyes looked deeper than someone who had only ever seen the womb of their mother. But, y'know, babies in general had that weird thing about them that had you calling them cute even before you registered what you exactly were looking at! And falling into the same trap as everyone else in society, you nodded along, too.

"Aw, look at his little dimple chin." You cooed, fakely grinning at the phone screen in front of you.

The blonde tucked her choppy hair behind her ears, glowing with pride as she pocketed her phone into her frayed jeans. They were meant to be that trendy aesthetic kind, but you felt like they looked tacky on her. Kind of like a clown wearing the outfit of a supermodel.

"I know, being an aunt is great. Anyway...what were we talking about?" She questioned, carding a hand through her hair.

All she ever did was touch it. Bring it forwards, push it back, twirl it around her finger. It was bugging you to the point that you wanted to hear it out from the roots and feed it to her for her lunch. 

Speaking of lunch, you were heading to the cafeteria now...or so you hoped. All you wanted was a bottle of water to take some tablets to try and clear this fucking migraine that was clamouring your brain like a swarm of stinging bees.

Sting, sting, sting to the left side of your head like there was a truck trying to purposely destroy the barriers of your brain. Unfortunately, you were prone to odd migraine since the very beginning of your adolescence, but usually you had the warnings. You would see those ziggy-zaggy flashes of blindness and realise you needed some water and a lie down, but this one was different.

It had landed upon you, a heavy dump of intensity that had you squinting and shading your eyes from the sparkles of the September sun that filtered through the hallway. What was with these people and so many windows around this place? Back in Marley, you were a fool to build so many windows in one place knowing how damn harsh those winters up there could be.

"We were getting on with the tour." You harshly rushed out, not even hiding the vexation and irritation.

A hot flush of sweat ran over your skin, and holy hell did you need to take a seat. The girl besides you snapped her fingers in those farcical "Oh yeah!" lightbulb moments as she reached into her other pocket, retrieving the useless flashcards she had made and been reading to you since you showed up in administration, a few minutes past eleven. The migraine hadn't started up until a short while ago, and now you felt like a dehydrated pony in a sandstorm.

Clearing her throat, the blonde looked down at the final card in her hands, and you thanked the heavens that this was about to be over.

"Fun fact one hundred and one: Shiganshina University is actually a converted colonial manor." She concluded, having the audacity to waggle her fingers in a jazz hands fashion.

Finally paying attention to what she said, your eyes snapped over to hers, ignoring your migraine for just a second.

"How is the fact that this building was built on slave labour a 'fun fact'?" You choked out, in utter disbelief.

Instead of reacting or defending her statement, she simply raised one shoulder. That wouldn't be the first time you internally told yourself that you did not like this Louise girl, and it certainly would not be the last, no matter how innocent her stupid doe-eyes looked.

At last, she led you towards the cafeteria, and you would have jumped for joy if it was not for the obvious migraine. In all honesty, you were expecting worse from Shiganshina Uni, especially from the reputation the rundown town had, but it felt like the one thing in this area that had modernised, or moved with the times.