Snowflakes

Wednesday's pov:
I have to say that I really missed her. Enid is my best friend and I never had a best friend before - or just friends...
I looked up to Xavier and he moved his head in Enid's direction and said „Off you go now!" And I was waiting for that. I let go of my suitcases and ran right into her opened arms.
The last time I hugged someone was also Enid after we won the fight in Nevermore some months ago. By the way,... the weird hug of my father this morning doesn't count.
My eyes were still closed when Enid pushed me away from her and gave me a shocked look.
„You came with Xavier?" she asked and struck her hand in front of her mouth.
„ Just because it was on the way. The environment...you know?" Shit this was the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.
„Yesss, of course..." replied Enid.
I knew that she knows that I am lying but I didn't care right now.
I turned around and saw how Xavier struggled to carry all of the bags up the hill. So I decided to help him.
„I am able to carry my bags on my own."
I sounded way too rude but it's still hard for me to control the expression of my feelings...
„Sorry", the only thing I could say.
„You are sorry? For what?" Xavier looked honestly confused.
„You were so kind to me all day, and I am not used to being treated so nicely. That's why sometimes it's hard for me to show my gratitude." Omg what am I saying? NO time for romance!
„Just forget it Xavier." Probably the best answer I could give.
„Never mind" he said.
———————————-
After dinner and a quick welcome speech of our new principal Jackson, all of the students went to their rooms and unpacked their stuff.
Just like Enid and I did. After 20 minutes we were both finished. Suddenly Enid sat down on her bed and looked at me reproachful.
„Do you like Xavier?" she asked.
„A good friend - nothing more" I answered emotionless.
„I see... so u will go to prom with him! Amazing! We are going to go shopping our dresses and we will basically have a double date!! Omg so exciting!" she almost screamed the last words.
„Which prom?" I really had zero idea what she was talking about,..
„The traditional SNOWFLAKE- Ball!"
Enid pronounced the word ,Snowflake' so clearly that even Thing, who was in the bathroom, walked out to listen to her.
„It is even more important than Raven's dance! And by the way Ajax already asked me out!" She was so excited and happy that my ears slowly started to bleed...
„Fascinating."
The only thing that I said but I was already thinking about, if this time it's gonna rain really pig blood.... then my eyes slowly closed and I fell back in my warm bed.