The dress

Wednesday's pov:
I woke up to the sound of Thing walking to the door. He held a letter between two of his fingers and handed it to me. I sat up and read it. It was an invitation to the ball for all students. But this time it would be a little bit different...
The boys have to ask the girls out. Very old fashioned but also kinda exciting. Would Xavier ask me? I knew I really hurt him by going to ravens dance with Taylor but that was weeks ago...
Enid, who already got ready in the bathroom, walked in and presented her outfit to me.
„How do you like it?" she asked with a high pitched voice.
„Very colourful" I replied but she seemed happy with my answer.
20 minutes later her and I left our room and went outside. Because today our class would go on a trip to the town centre. Enid, Davina and I want to try on some dresses for the Snowflake ball and I will have to look for some high heels as well.
When we finally reached Enid's favourite shop, a nice and very beautiful lady helped us choosing the right dresses. I kinda fell in love with a long, black satin dress with a v-shaped front cutting and basic, black heels.
Enid bough a pink, floor-length dress with feathers on it. Even I have to say that it looked very good on her and Davina bought a silver suit.
„Let's go to the vintage store two corners further. They have got beautiful hoodies!" said Davina and Enid was already on fire.
„Yeah, do that! I will go to the café near here and get myself a black coffee. We can meet here again in one hour, okay?" I asked.
„Perfect! See you later alligator!" sang Enid. What a crazy girl...

I didn't know why I wanted to go to the café where Tyler worked, but when I opened the entry door I kinda hoped that he was standing behind the counter... instead of him I saw a man. He was about 45 years old and had no hair anymore.
„A large black coffee please" I handed the man the money and looked for a free place to sit. Shit the café was pretty crowded but than I heard a familiar voice.
„U can sit here Wednesday."
Of course it was Xavier who offered me the seat.
I just went over and sat opposite him. I sipped my coffee while he was almost staring at me. But surprisingly I didn't feel uncomfortable.
Again, I turned my head in the direction of the counter and started to feel empty.
„Wednesday, I'm so sorry." Xavier didn't look at me when saying that bug I knew exactly that he truly meant these words - even if it hurts him.
Of course, he didn't like Tyler. I mean he was kinda in love with me but... I couldn't finish my thought, because he took my one hand, which was laying on the table and said: „Would you go to the ball with me?"
I was overwhelmed but also relieved because deep inside me I knew, that I just wanted to go with him and no one else.
„Yes Xavier, I would love to go to the dance with you." I used the exact same words as he did the last time when I had to ask him out.
„Well, I hope it's gonna work this time... I won't go with my Ex girlfriend and you won't go with your monster Ex boyfriend..." we both laughed.

„That's the past." I replied calmly.
„So are we the future?" he asked.