Chapter 8: Crawler Commandeers

Within the safety of the mountain village, the rebels, with all the Lothal rebels set up camp as Sabine and Leo were working at the transmitter

Mako stood next to Ezra as Kanan walks up to them, "This transmitter is all we could scrounge up. What do you think?" Ezra asks as he looks at the Mandalorians.

Sabine shot a look at her, who shrugs at her, "Well, I can boost the power, but not enough to overcome the Empire's jamming signal. They're blocking all non-Imperial transmissions." she informs him.

Mako just sighs, "Something is better than nothing." she spoke and squats next to her, "Think you can get any signal to one of the Empire's sites?" she asks.

Leo pulls back and sighs, "We might be able to, but the chances of the Empire catching on is still a risk." he informs her, Leto huff plopping onto her shoulder. "We have to find a way to make contact with Hera," Kanan informs them.

"If she made it past the blockade," Ryder informs them, Mako stood and turns to him. "Hera made it, I know her, Ryder. She's one of the best pilots in the galaxy," she informs him.

Kanan grins at her then turns to Ryder. "And she'll convince rebel command to launch an attack. We need to be ready to help." he informs her, "And with my mother there, she can aid in the convincing." she spoke as she places her hand at her hip.

Ryder just looks between them. "Help? Look, I want to fight, but the Empire's got thousands of troops. We are hiding in a cave with no ships, no supplies, and a couple of blasters." he informs him.

"We've done a lot more with a lot less. There's a way, and we'll find it." Ezra informs him. Ryder just frowns as the transmitter began to change the pitch of the frequency.

Leto groans in annoyance, shaking his head at the sound. "What now?" Zeb questions as he steps next to Ryder. "I can't make contact outside the planet, but if Mako is right and we can tap into other signals, I'm picking up something transmitting nearby," she informs them, turning the nob.

"How close?" Kanan asks. "Close enough to take a look," she answers with a smile. Leo stood up and shot a grin at Mako. "Better check it out," Ryder spoke as the Ghost rebels stepped away from the transmitter.

~8~8~8~

The Speeder drove out to where Sabine got the signal location and hurried towards the darkening sky.

They stop the speeder and get out, hurried towards the boulder as they saw an Empire construction ship, burning away the grass. They quickly lay down to stay hidden.

"There. It's an ore crawler." Ryder informs them. Sabine pulls down her antenna as she gets a better look. "I think I saw some of those burning through the grasslands up north," Ezra spoke up.

"Yeah. They strip rake the surface for raw materials to feed the Imperial factory." Ryder informs them. Leo pulls his antenna back up, looking at Mako as she was glaring at the ore crawler. "And they've burned all the way down here? That's halfway across the planet." Ezra informs them.

Leto just growls as he disliked the crawler very much. "Yeah, but that might be just what we need." Zeb points out as Sabine looks up at the top of the crawler. "You might be more right than you know, Zeb," she spoke.

Then pats Leo's shoulder "Up top." she informs him and Leo pulls down his antenna, looking at top of the crawler. "Is that what I think it is?" he asks. Sabine chuckles "That crawler is equipped with a long-range communications array." Sabine informs him.

"One that can reach Hera?" Ezra asks as Sabine pulls back her antenna. "I'm almost sure of it," she informs him. Leo pulls his back and places his hand on Mako's shoulder, snapping her from her glare. "We'll stop them," he assures her.