Chapter 15: A Family Reunion - and Farewell

Ezra sat in the turret gunner chair, looking at the holo of his mother and father. How happy he was when he was younger. "Mom? Dad? I know what I have to do now, but I'm afraid, not for me, but for my friends. For Mako." he spoke aloud.

Standing just underneath him was Mako, leaning back against the ladder as she just listen.

Then Hera walks up to her, to say something, but she pulls her finger to her lip and points up. "They've fought so hard and given so much and helped me to understand why you stood up against the Empire and made the sacrifices you did," he spoke.

Hera just smiles to herself. "I wish you could meet them, my new family. I guess, in some way, you will be with us today when we finish what you and Uncle and Aunt started," he spoke and looks back to the holo again.

"I want you to know everything I've done and will do begins with you," he promises them. Smiling at the holo one last time "Ezra?" Hera calls out, he was pulled from his thought and looks down at the two. "They're bringing her up," Hera informs, Ezra just nods to her.

~8~8~8~

Ryder and Kallus walked Pryce along towards the two parked ships, "You disgust me, traitor." she snaps to Kallus, who just looks at her, "The day I betrayed your Empire, Governor, was the day I stopped betraying myself." he informs her.

Pryce just rolls her eyes at him "You've given up years of service, a promising career, and prestige, for what?" she questions as he just looks at her. "To join a band of failures who don't stand a chance," she growls at him. "So quick to ensure a victory, that's Imperial thinking right there," Mako calls out.

The governor just looks at her, stiffening in fright as she sees the Former Jedi standing just at the ramp of the Ghost "And besides, I think we do..." Ezra calls out.

He and Hera walked out from the Ghost as the Mandalorian stepped out and stood at the ramp. Their chief sat at the foot of the ramp, playing with Leto in his hand.

"Especially with your help," Ezra informs her, but Pryce just laughs. "I will never help you," she states, glaring at Ezra. The young Jedi shot a flick over to Mako, who just grins to herself "Uh, yes, you will. It will be your last act as Governor of Lothal. You're finally going to do the right thing and help free your home world." he informs her.

"I will do no such thing." Pryce declares. Mako chuckles as Ezra looks at her, "Told you she wasn't going to be easily convinced." she informs him as she walks up by his side.

He nods in agreement then looks back to Pryce, "Okay, if that's your choice." he answers, Mako took a step forward, making Pryce steps back, but Ezra stops her, "No, no, no. she's not worth it, sis." he informs them whistles to the wolves. The rebels step out of the way as Pryce turns, stepping back as the white Loth-wolf snarls at her, marching forward as he snaps his jaw, barking at her.

She startles back, falling to the ground, scooting back at the wolf towers over her, barks, and snaps his fangs at her, as she scoots right at Ezra and Mako's feet.

Both were looking down at her, "Or you could transmit the victory code, and then we could fly to the Capital as your prisoners. If the odds against us are as bad as you say, what do you want to lose?" he offers her

Flicking her eyes at him, with panic "Fine. I'll do it. Just call off your dog." she begs. Mako frowns at her as she steps to Pryce's side, placing her hand on the wolf's shoulder.

He steps away as she stood over Pryce, the governor froze in fear as her eyes were locked with Mako's and the former Jedi squats down and grips her face in her hand, "And you say you're from Lothal." she scoffs, shoving her chin away.