Lunch Break (Part Two) - Boss Mo x Reader

C/n - Cat's name 🐱

Knock knock~

You waited outside Mo's office in anticipation, pushing a strand of hair out of your face.

You double checked your watch in case your eyes were fooling you - nope, it was definitely 12:00 pm.

A faint shuffling was heard, followed by the opening of the door. You politely nodded at each other and said your hellos.

He seemed relieved from the interruption from work, something must've been stressing him out.

Letting Mo lead the way, you entered the elevator across from his office and went down ten levels. A worker glared at the sight of you beside Mo.

You looked away from them, but you secretly loved the attention. You exited the building, breathing in the fresh air of the outside world.

"If you're ready, let's go."

Mo gestured towards his limousine; it was painted a pristine black and it looked so prestigious. You tried to contain your excitement as you admired it.

You both got in the car. Slightly afraid you would accidentally break something, you carefully sat down in the expensive car and sat with your hands in your lap.

Imagine the amount of cash you would have to pay if you scratched a seat or jammed the seatbelt...

The car started, then Mo suddenly stopped and shouted.

"What are you doing?!"

You flinched in surprise as Mo realised you didn't have your seat belt on and strapped it on for you.

Trying not to blush, you looked away.

What just happened?!

While trying to be careful, you forgot to put on your seatbelt, but you didn't expect this - you were shocked... in a happy way obviously.

He started to drive, an awkward silence filling the air. After a while, he spoke.

"Sorry about before."

"Huh?"

"When I scared you."

"Oh, right."

You mumbled, snapping back into reality.
After what happened, different scenarios of you and Mo had been popping into your imagination.

It was silly, but what happened before was like it came straight out from a movie or game (wink wink).

"I was just about to start driving when I noticed your seatbelt wasn't on and... yeah."

"Don't worry, I'm not mad at all."

You had arrived at a small street shop minded by a kind, elderly couple.

This didn't seem like an overly fancy place, rather, the opposite of what you expected. Not that there was anything wrong with it of course - it was really a pleasant little shop.

The old man and lady greeted us warmly.

"Mo! It's great to see you taking a break once in a while. Is this your girlfriend?"

The lady winked.

"Oh, no. Just a friend of mine."

You swore you could see the tiniest blush on his face.

The shop sold hotpot food; something you were really looking forward to. You scanned the assortment of meats, veggies, seafood and dips that were available.

After a bit of small talk, the owners mentioned that they were going to be off to the supermarket for a little while, and that we could help ourselves and leave the money in the tip jar when we were done.

You sat up straight, conscious of your posture and manners. Racking your brain for a conversation starter, this was all you could come up with.

"So, what's next on the agenda for work?"

"...How about we talk about something other than work, shall we? And you don't have to be so uptight around me."

Oh, right. Great move Y/n.

"S-sure."

You stuttered awkwardly.

He started conversation by asking me if I had any pets, and it turns out we both own cats.

Mo owned a black cat (which are in fact, not unlucky according to him) and I owned a little white cat named C/N.

He also mentioned that he had came here often when he was young with his grandpa, something I could tell he was sentimental about.

After a bit of talk, you both agreed to eat. Smelling the distinct aroma, you sighed and instantly got to eating.

The flavours burst like fireworks in your mouth - this was one of the best hot pots you have ever tasted.

You let out a small laugh, and Mo laughed along, which really warmed your heart. This was a side of him you thought never existed.

The afternoon was filled with chatter and eating the delicious hotpot. Hotpot definitely tasted better when sharing with someone else, and you sure were really full.

You noticed you were a lot more comfortable around the boss.

It was a warm afternoon on a spring day with your perfect boss, what else could you ask for?

And now would be the perfect time to thank him...

"Thank you for everything, Boss."

He placed the money in the tip jar and looked into my eyes, slightly smiling. Your heart beat a little faster.

"It's Mo."

"Okay, Mo. Thanks for everything."

You smiled, letting his name roll off your tongue.

Today, you two had shared a special day.