Night Out - Bangs x Fem!Reader

Requested by @haley_showdow

B/T - Bubble tea (whatever drink you like :D)

After a long week of school, you and your bff Bangs decided to hang out for a girl's night at the arcade.

You had attempted Spin the Wheel, Space Invaders, Crossy Road, driving games - you name it.

But nine out of ten times Bangs would win and rub her victory in your face.

Then an idea popped into your head, nearly making you giggle at the thought of it.

"Bangs, let's try the claw machine!"

Her face dropped, making you burst in laughter.

The last time you guys had attempted a claw machine was at the cinemas, where she had spent at least twenty coins, only for the plushie to drop from the claw's hand every time.

She complained so loudly and banged on the claw machine that the staff members came and told us to step away from the claw machine as we would no longer be able to use it.

Little did Bangs know you caught it all on camera which you showed to her afterwards, which she definitely was not happy about.

But there was this weird feeling you got every time that you saw or thought about your her. It would form in your stomach, a warm yet unsettling sensation.

You would always push it down deep and ignore it though as you thought that this was how others people thought about their best friends too - always on your mind, keeping you awake at night.

You felt a repetitive tap on your shoulder.

"Y/n, are you okay? I said I wanted to give the claw machine a go. Or are you thinking about that hot teacher in our maths class?"

She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows at you.

"Hey- no, am not! In fact I was just thinking about y- never mind, let's go."

You shut your mouth, realising that you almost let it slip out, that you were actually thinking about her.

Before you knew it, she was banging on the claw machine again and you were stifling a laugh.

"All of these things are rigged, I swear!"

"Step aside then. Which one do you want?"

Bangs scoffed and pointed towards a white and black cat plushie. I inserted a coin, positioned the claw and pressed the button.

Down the claw went, and perfect! It firmly grabbed the toy, but it started to loosen its grip when travelling to the prize box.

Just before it got to its destination, it let go of the toy, almost making you groan, yet the toy effortlessly rolled into the prize box. How lucky.

"Bangs - zero, Y/n - one!"

You laughed triumphantly while she took the toy and cuddled it, rolling her eyes and smiling at you. You were both done with the arcade games and went to the ticket trader.

"There's this pretty cool glow in the dark slime over here."

"Y/n, come! Remember these sticky geckos that we would always throw on the roof so they were stuck there for days? Our parents would be so mad after that!"

Trading your tickets in for the toys, you exited the arcade, ready to go home. It was quite late - nearly midnight.

Then you both saw it at the same time.

"BUBBLE TEA!"

You shouted simultaneously, running over to the shop.

"Two B/T please! Thanks!"

We gave the shop keeper the cash and stepped aside to wait for your order.

The place really was pretty - the arcade was one thing, but here, pink and blue neon lights hung from the ceiling, sweet smells of little food stalls wafting through the air and the fact that this was the top floor of a twenty story building made it special.

It kind of felt like out of a synthwave movie.

There was even a rooftop! You definitely were going to go up there.

You got your bubble tea and pierced the top with a straw - you had been friends with Bangs ever since pre-school, so for twelve years now.

That fluttery feeling came back again, but no matter how hard you tried, it wouldn't disappear.

"Bangs, let's go to the rooftop."

"There's a rooftop? Awesome, let's go."

Finding a spot was easy - no one was up there and there was a bench which allowed you to see the whole city.

Tall skyscrapers and small, pretty lights, it felt surreal along with the cool breeze blowing.

It was definitely midnight by now, for the full moon shone brightly up high in the sky.

You glanced over to Bangs, who was sipping on her bubble tea, looking the other way.

You took a deep breath, tucking your hair behind your ears.

"B-Bangs?"

She replied with a soft hum.

"We've been friends for like, twelve years now, isn't it?"

She faced me, staring into my soul.

"Y/n, is something up?"

"The night sky."

I said grinning as she snorted and nudged my arm. I tried gathering up my courage one more.

Now was the perfect time to tell her!

"Anyways, Bangs, I think... I think..."

Say it Y/n, just say it!

All of a sudden, you felt a pair of arms wrap around you in a warm embrace. You returned the embrace, and you and Bangs silently basked in each other's presence.

"Bangs... I love you."

"I love you too, Y/n."

All done! I had a blast writing this. Hope you guys liked it :D