Found You

...I swear that this isn't supposed to be a ErrorInk fic, Ink just doesn't stop complimenting Erimos appearance and has no idea how feelings work.

owowowowowowowowoowwowowowowo

When Ink entered Underswap Copy 12 he was expecting several things, first one was another failure to find the source of the buzz.

He expected to find all its inhabitants alive.

Instead, the dust was the first thing he noticed as soon as he stepped out of the portal, apparently a Genocidal route was in progress, what a shame.

The next thing he noticed was the skeleton standing in the middle of the road of Snowdin, a skeleton that was definitely not Sans.

Black bones were what first caught his attention, he had never seen or created anything like it, when they turned around, the gold that covered their body in the form of jewels was the next thing to stand out.

And their eyes...

They were the most beautiful thing the Creator had ever seen, crimson red, so different form the black that usually was found in the eye sockets of the Sans', at that moment nothing mattered except the need to draw those eyes, to capture them and immortalize them on paper, oil, whatever.

"Chroma?" The other's voice brought Ink out of his thoughts, a static in their voice had aroused his curiosity even more, but no more than the unknown name he had just called him by.

He had no idea who this Chróma was, but this stranger seemed to believe that Ink was or at least looked like them, there could be no other explanation for the pure adoration in his eyes upon seeing him when he was sure they had never met before this day.

(Not even his most devoted creations looked at him like that and something inside him just- wanted more of that).

When the other one began to fall after say that name, he didn't even think about it, he caught him before his body hit the ground, and up close now he could tell how tired he looked.

"Hey, huh, sir?! Are you okay?!" He didn't know what to do, the other didn't answer, he had passed out from exhaustion and Ink had no idea when he would wake up.

That didn't stop him from trying to wake him of course, although it was no use the obsidian bone skeleton remain out.

It was only after giving up trying to wake the other that he finally realized something.

The buzzing had stopped.

It had stopped almost as soon as it had actually come across the other skeleton, but there hadn't acknowledge it until now.

His gaze focused even more intently on the only other living being in the area.

Now that all the adrenaline had left his system began to notice more details about the other one.

And oh, what a work of art it was.

Like the bright blue markings that started in his eye sockets and seemed to end where his skull connected to his windpipe, a closer look revealed that they were not just plain blue, but seemed to be conformed by hundreds of blue lines of different tonalities, almost like threads.

Golden bracelets covered their bones and reflected the light of Snowdin and its snow, a crown adorned their forehead and something deep inside Ink only knew that he could never take it off if he tried.

He didn't try.

But that didn't matter, he had found the source of the buzz, or at least the reason it existed in first place, now he just had to wait for the other to wake up so he could ask all the questions that were now on his mind.

Having made a decision, Ink took the other skeleton in his arms, ready to take them to the Doodle Sphere, the other one was taller than him but that did not present a problem for the Creator.

Walking over the dust that covered the ground, the Creator carried what in his head he began to call a 'Living work of art' without realizing that he was treating them with greater care than he had ever treated any of his own creations.

The portal was just as he left it, with a pulse of his magic the image of Outertale Copy 5 changed to his beloved home.

Never one to stay silent for long, Ink began to 'talk' to his unconscious guest.

"I wonder who created you, I know I have a bad memory, but I would never forget to create something as wonderful and colorful as you, or are you perhaps another Creator like me?".

And that was a strange thought, he had never considered that there might be other beings capable of creating in the same way as him, but there weren't many explanations for the sudden appearance of the other skeleton, Ink definitely hadn't created them and whatever it was doing before he found them must have a lot of magic behind it.

Enough magic that even entire universes away he could feel it, but for some reason the others in the multiverse didn't seem to feel it...

As if the skeleton in his arms was trying to get Ink's attention specifically.

Or...

"Chróma?"

The attention of someone similar enough to Ink.

For some reason that brought conflicting feelings to him, or as close to feelings as Ink could get outside of his vials and with an empty Soul.

Placing the taller one on the nearest sofa, Ink's mind was trying to understand the origin of his sudden 'annoyance' at the idea of another possible Creator.

Hadn't he been 'happy' just a moment ago when he believed that the black-boned skeleton could be a Creator too? What changed now that he had almost confirmed that they were actually someone else's creation? It was still a new Creator out there, just not the black-bone skeleton.

Ugh, feelings were too complicated, it was better to just take his vials and just feel one thing at a time instead of this... mess on his chest.

"Come on Ink, focus on what's important! This is the opportunity to meet another like you, look on the bright side!". He tell himself the skeleton as he drank from his yellow vial.

The change was immediate, it didn't matter anymore if his guest wasn't a Creator, it was still an interesting thing that had happened to him in years, he loved to create but could be lonely at times, his creations usually agreed with everything he said and didn't give new ideas for AUs or weren't relevant enough for Ink to remember.

A new Creator meant a new source of ideas, someone with whom Ink could feedback, give and get, the skeleton in front of him was proof enough that his fellow creator had different ideas than Ink, it had never occurred to him that black, red and yellow would look just as good as bone color, much less together.

And the color combination in the eyes, everything in the other skeleton was beautiful, his hands almost trembled with the need to draw them to ever forget how the look like, but he didn't wanted to leave in case they wake up.

But more and more questions fill his mind, what other color combination would look good on a skeleton? Was there a story behind those colors or did the other Creator just think they looked cool and went with it? What was the name of the AU they came from?

Where the other Creator came from?

So many questions, he could hardly wait for the other to wake up to get his answers.

This was the best day of his life!

owowowowowowowowoowwowowowowo

A Ink in a FGOD fic that isn't a total bastard since the first encounter? I'm as surprised as you, I was planning this first interaction go totally different but Ink had other ideas.

But the future 'bastard' seeds are already there, so just give him time :D

Sorry for the long hiatus, school had me in a chokehold and my inspiration had to be used for other projects or stop existing for the same reason, I'll try to post at least one update for all my fics at least one time this vacations, so if you follow any of them, stay tuned!