Authors Note

This story deals with adult themes such as sexual assault, depression, anxiety, PTSD, trauma, and healing journey. Content warnings can be found at the top of each chapter that deal with these themes. Please let me know if  a trigger warning is not properly addressed, and I will add the warning to the chapter. I want to me mindful of all my readers so if I missed a trigger warning please do not hesitate to reach out to me! 

CW: depictions of violence, 18+ sexually explicit content, depression, anxiety, panic attacks/panic disorder, mentions of past abuse and sexual assault, death of a significant other, PTSD, grief, mention of suicidal thoughts and actions, death of a child, mention of miscarriage, death of a sibling 

While this story centers around original characters, there are canon characters and world building aspects included from the works of Sarah J. Maas. All rights to those characters, plotline, and world belong to Sarah J. Maas. I take no credit for the characters and places Sarah J. Maas has created. 

Hi Everyone! 

Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to read this fic and coming with me on this writing journey. I am forever grateful you all decided to give my writing a chance. I have always loved creative writing but this story is the first piece of writing I have shared publicly --- so please be kind!  

I am so excited to share Marion's story with you and I hope you fall in love with my Throne of Glass next generation characters and story like I have. I have tried my best to keep this fanfic in the same style of writing as the original series in regards to different character perspectives and multiple story arcs. Even though the main storyline does follow Marion and Rhoe, I have also included the perspectives of Asterin Havilliard, Dorian and Manon's daughter, and Althea Westfall, Chaol and Yrene's daughter. 

I am by no means a professional writer so please be kind and I always appreciate constructive feedback so that I may continue to learn and become a better writer. There are still many mistakes in my writing but I try to have other people read the writing before I post the chapter. 

This story is set decades after the ending of Kingdom of Ash and there will be mentions to spoilers from the series. I will be sticking to canon as much as possible but there are aspects to Throne of Glass that were not deeply explored and they will be explored through this fanfic. 

This story originated from an OC cosplay that I create on my personal tiktok (@highlady_of_rohan) and I continue to post cosplay videos of Marion on this account. You are welcome to check this account for updates about this fanfic. 

I plan to update this story every Friday, however, I also work full time and I am in grad school so if there is a Friday that I do not post please be patient with me! During school breaks, there is also a possibility that I will post more often as well. 

I cannot wait to share this story with you all! Thank you again for the support!