Chapter 6

Marion woke up the next morning before dawn due to the anxiety of having to go through healing sessions with Thea. She knew how intense these healing sessions could be due to growing up around Thea and her mother. Thea told her stories about her father going through healing sessions because Marion would ask, when the two of them were little, why Chaol was sometimes in a wheeled chair and other times he wasn't. She told Marion about the nature of her and her mother's healing magic. Healing is a physical and mental process both the healer and the person being healed go through. During this process, memories could arise, and these memories needed to be processed in order for the healing to be completed.

That is what scared Marion the most. Marion didn't want her friend to think less of her. Thea could learn something about Marion, she didn't nessicarily want to share. But Thea was one of her best friends and she knew in her heart she would love her the same, even if her anxiety told her differently.

When the sun rose and Marion could hear several servants making their way around the palace, she heard a knock on the door and then Thea came in with breakfast for the both of them. "You will need to eat. This can be a draining experience" Thea said, setting the tray of food down on the table. Marion could smell the delectable pastries from the table already. Pasteries, bread, and sweets are the reason Marion would never be as fit as Asterin. She loved the food too much and Marion had deprived herself of other happiness; but never the happiness that came from her favorite food.

Marion finally got up from the wall she had been huddled against. Her room was quite exquisite, she thought, when she entered the room to change for dinner the night before. The room contained high arched ceilings which made the space feel open; Marion very much appreciated the feeling of openness in a room. The bedroom and bathing room were sectioned off towards the back of the living space through an open arch way. When first entering the suite, a small dining area was made of mahogany and was decorated a royal blue table runner. The other side of the suite contained two plush chairs and a couch around a coffee table. Like the rest of the palace blue, cream, seafoam green shades decorated the room. She wondered if the suites were all the same or if Rhoe got something more extravagant.

Thea noticed Marion was quiet and said "M, I know the healing sessions weren't your choice, but I think they will help you." Marion just nodded and started gobbling down the fruit on the breakfast tray. After a couple of berries were shoved into Marion's mouth, Marion said quietly "What if I hurt you?"

"M, I will be fine. I have healed many people in worse conditions than you" Thea said. She reached forward and squeezed Marion's hand reassuringly. Marion looked at Thea, who had a slight smile on her face and hope in her eyes. Marion finally gave Thea a slight smile back and said, "This cannot be worse than working with Rhoe this afternoon, right?" Thea chuckled and started to get the space ready for the healing session.

Thea had Marion sit in the comfy chairs placed in the common area. "I am going to start with healing your head to see if we can sooth the thoughts that cause you nightmares" Thea said calmly. "Again, this healing process can be physical and mental, but I will be here the whole time, M." Marion only nodded too nervous to say anything to her friend. Thea brought forth her power and her hands started to glow this beautiful golden color. She hovered her hands over the crown of Marion's head and began funneling her power into Marion.

Marion bowed quietly before the Queen and King of Terrasen in the throne room of Orynth. It had been three days since the accident in Perranth. Marion still had not processed what happened three days ago or Sage's death, and Adrian was heartbroken because his girlfriend was killed. There had not been a time to talk to Asterin or Althea yet. Oh gods. They are going to hate her. How could she explain this fucking mess to them?