Chapter Four

Lizzie's pov

I honestly can't remember what I see in Boyd anymore. It's like we are drifting apart but my mind can't stop wandering to Y/N.

I was out walking towards my mum's to visit. It's been a while since I try to devote most of my time to trying to keep what Boyd and I have going but it only seems like it's me who is doing all of the work.

"Hey Lizard." Mum greeted me when she let me in.

"Hey mum. I'm sorry it took me so long to visit." I told her as she just waved me off.

"That's ok sweetie. I understand you have Boyd." She said with a bitter tone. I knew she wasn't fond of him but it seems more like she hates him.

"Well I need some advice." I told her as she made us both a coffee.

"What is it?" She asked as she gave me her full attention.

"Uh well, I have been trying ao hard with Boyd to keep what we have going but ever since the engagement he has kind of took a step back from the relationship. It's like he doesn't care anymore." I told her honestly.

"Well maybe you should just follow your heart." She told me. We heard the door open and I gave her a questioning look as mum just shrugged.

"They didn't have your usual brand but I think these are good." I heard them as their footsteps came closer.

"Thank you dear. These will be great." She said as she took the bag from Y/N. "Well, why don't you two catch up while I whip up some dinner." She said as she practically pushed us to the living room.

"I uh Hi." I spoke nervously. My heart was beating out of my chest. The last time we saw each other was at the Gala when Boyd was with me.

"Hey." They said as they shoved their hands in their pockets.

"How long have you been helping mum?" I asked them as they looked at their feet.

"Since I came back from London a few years ago." They said as they still wouldn't look at me.

"Why won't you look at me?" I asked them as they sighed.

"Because if I do, I will fall all over again and I can't because getting over you is the hardest thing I have ever had to do." They said honestly

"Are you over me?" I asked them as they chuckled.

"You have a fiance Elizabeth." They said. There was no nickname like they used to give me. "You are unavailable and if I let myself care again I will be the one who gets hurt."

"Does mum know about?" I asked as I motioned between the both of us

"Yes she does." They said as they sat down. "She asked what happened between MK and I and I kind of slipped up that we had a relationship."

"She didn't kill you?" I asked them shocked as they laughed.

"No. She was actually ok with it." They said with a smile. "She said that she knew I would never hurt you but I was the one who hurt you the most." I could hear the regret in their voice

"You have still done amazingly." I told them. "I really love your music."

"Thank you." They spoke shyly. "Well I best be off." They said as mum came running in.

"Nope you aren't running away Y/N." She told them sternly

"Yes Ma'am." They saluted earning the slap on the back of the head. We both followed mum to the kitchen to eat.

"I think you to should hang out more." She stated making Y/N and I look at her. "You know, with everything that's going on with your dad and Boyd."

"What's happening with Boyd? What did he do?" Y/N asked me like they were ready to go and knock them out.

"What's happening with your dad?" I asked them

"He's dying." They shrugged like it was a normal everyday occurrance. "So what did Boyd do?" They asked me again as my phone buzzed. It was my manager sending me an article.

Boyd Holbrook getting cosy and intimate with someone who isn't his fiance.

My heart broke at the thought of him cheating on me. I could feel their eyes on me so I gave my mum the phone.

"Oh that fucking shit." She seethed as she passed the phone to Y/N.

"Oh. That is it." They said as they stood up.

"Where are you going?" Mum asked them.

"I going to New York to fucking teach him a lesson." They told her as I had tears in my eyes. "He doesn't deserve her. She doesn't deserve to feel this pain."

"What? Like the pain you caused me by walking away from us." I told them causing both pairs of eyes to snap in my direction.

"It was different Elizabeth and you know it." They told me as I shook my head.

"No it isn't. The situation is different but the pain remains the same." I told them. "Actually no. The pain I felt when you left hurt me way more than this. You walked out of my life breaking all of your promises."

"I did that for you. I know how much you love your sister and how much they love you. I knew that if I stayed, I would only get in the way of that and you would soon hate me." They told me raising their voice slightly. "And you even moved on like it was nothing. Like it was as easy as breathing."

"I had to. I had no idea where you were or if you had moved on yourself." I told them just as loud.

"I never moved on from you. I have always loved you. I loved you then and I still love you. I never stopped." They said before they thanked my mum for the food before rushing out of the door.

"I think you need to sort your own feelings out sweetie." She told me before she walked back towards the kitchen. My eyes still on the front door. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I truly couldn't.

AN

Finally a chapter guys. Please let me know what you think