Sick Day

glam's pov~

"Boys, breakfast! Dee out of the bathroom! Your hair looks fine!" I hear a cough, and feet walking down the stairs. Dee shows up, hair up as normal, a bit messy but normal. Then I look him over, and see something I've never seen him wear out in public ever.

Sweatpants.

"Dee, you feeling alright?"

"Mhm." Is all he grumbles out as he sits down. I place a muffin and some yogurt in front of him. He picks at it, and coughs a lot.

"Dee, you look poorly."

"No no, I'm fine. Just have a bit of a cold."

"I'm going to get the thermometer."

Heavy runs down the stairs and takes a muffin, his usual self. I take the thermometer and put it in Dee's ear.

"Dad, I'm fine."

"38.8°. You're saying home."

"Dad-"

"I'm calling the school. Heavy, are you feeling poorly as well?"

Through bites of muffin, he shakes his head. "Nope." I stick the thermometer in his ear anyways.

"You're going to school, you don't have a fever."

"Kay, bye dad love you!" He kisses my cheek, grabs his backpack and leaves in a hurry. Dee tries to get up, but his body curls up suddenly. Panicking, not wishing to mop the floor today, I hold my baking bowl still wet from the dish water underneath him, and it catches everything.

"You're definitely poorly. Onto the couch."

"No no Dad I'm fine!"

"Dee. Couch." He rolls his eyes, rubs his temples and lays down on the couch. He grabs the remote, side eyeing me. "You're allowed to watch TV." I grab our empty ice cream bucket we use on sick days, place it with him. He cuddles up on the couch, with a blanket.

I get some work done, after a while I head back to the living room to check on him. He's fast asleep.

"I knew he was poorly." I kiss his forehead, push his hair out of his face, and get back to work.

I love being a dad.