45

ISABELLE HAD NEVER been in France or anywhere outside of New York, in that matter. So, being in Paris was a dream coming true.

She had absolutely no idea just how rich Kade was until she was taken to his house in Paris itself. He told her that his family had houses in a lot of countries as travelling was one of their passions. Despite the fact that the Hawthornes were shadowhunters, they lived their lives the way they wished— had mundanes kinda fun.

"Just... how rich are you?" She couldn't help but ask as the pair walked around one of the malls in Paris. They had just entered the place since Kade decided to take her shopping.

"Rich enough," was all what he said. He was actually really loaded. His family left him plenty of money to last for a lifetime if not more but he'd barely use it and since he'd get paid for all the works he'd do for the Clave, the amount kept going up.

Isabelle didn't pry further as they stopped in front of a dress shop. She looked up at him with questioning eyes which he only responded with a smirk, "well go in, buy pretty dresses so I can take them off later on."

Her cheeks flushed at his blunt words. She'd be lying if she said that she wasn't expecting for a sentence like that to come out of his mouth in public. Ever since she's known him, Kade was not the best at restraining his running mouth in public. He has done his fair share of insulting people. It was a known fact that his father, Liam Hawthorne also had the same problem.

She took a step inside the shop, the dresses immediately catching her eyes. Isabelle adored flashy and revealing outfits. However, ever since she has decided to change for her mom, she began choosing her clothes very carefully. Kade had taken notice to that and he didn't like the fact that she was changing herself for Maryse.

As she walked, she trailed her fingers over the surface of the dresses, biting her lip at the thought of owning them all. She had always adored dressing up, it was a hobby of hers. When she was younger, she'd draw dresses and would show them to Kade who'd give his opinion. If she wasn't a shadowhunter, she would've most definitely been a fashion designer or something like that.

"These are all so gorgeous," she breathed out, dress after dress catching her attention. To say that she was amazed would be an understatement. She felt like she was living a dream. "Have you ever taken anyone to France before?"

"No," he kept his eyes fixed on her while she gawked at the beautifully dresses displayed in front of her, "you're the first and only."

"Really?" she turned to face him, smiling brightly to which he nodded. Her lips parted, about to say something when a particular dress caught her eyes.

It was a strapless red dress with a fair amount of glitters scattered across the lower part of the dress and had a split in the legs.

Kade followed the direction of her stare and landed on the dress, a smile reaching his face, "you'd look great in that. Try it on."

"Look at the price," she held out the price tag which was attached to the dress, "it's over two thousand dollars."

"So?" He raised his brows, unbothered by her words and concern, "try it on."

"I—" Isabelle was cut off when he nodded towards a woman who was standing feet across them. The woman understood the signal and came over before taking the dress off the racks, holding it out to Isabelle who gaped at it.

"Thanks," she muttered to the woman who nodded with a smile, "of course. I'll show you the changing room. Please, follow me." With that, she began walking in a direction and Isabelle trailed behind her, with the dress in her hands. She glanced at Kade who was giving her a smirk as he also followed them.

Once the woman finally showed her the changing room, she went away and allowed her her privacy.

Kade waited outside while his girlfriend tried on the dress which was, luckily, perfectly her size. He sat on one of the couches there and waited for her to come out and when she did, he almost stood up from his seat.

Isabelle stood in front of him, looking as gorgeous as ever with the red dress complimenting her body perfectly well. Kade let his eyes venture around every single part of her body, taking in how amazingly the dress fitted her.

"Looks like it was made for you," the woman who was with them commented, "we have other sizes if you think—"

"— No, this one’s fine." Isabelle interrupted, giving her a small friendly smile which the woman returned while Kade cleared his throat, "all right, pack it."

The woman nodded and Isabelle stood there speechless. She didn't say anything and went back to the dressing room before changing back into her previous clothes while Kade went to get other dresses for her to try on.

When they were done, Kade paid for all the clothes and they walked out of the shop, Isabelle being quiet the whole time. She was still trying to wrap her mind around what just happened.

"Did you just sugar daddy me?" The question flew out of her mouth before she could stop herself. Kade, who was walking beside her with shopping bags in his hands’ steps faltered as he turned to face the girl, amusement swirling in his eyes, "what did you just say?"

"Nothing," her cheeks heated up. She couldn't believe what she had just asked him. "Never mind, where to next?"

"Wherever you want."