That one time I can't recall.

I rose up from my slumber. I had fell asleep on my work desk again. I stretched my aching limbs and got up. I dragged myself downstairs, and came to realize nobody was home. I remembered it was a Sunday and that they were at church, so I headed to the kitchen and made a batch of coffee. Lazily, I chugged the mug of black coffee and went to the sink. I washed my face off with cold water , waking my exhausted body up.

I trailed back up the stairs, and then took a quick shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and stared in the mirror. Absolutely disgusted at the reflection that stared back, I hurried up and brushed my teeth. I rushed to my wardrobe, avoiding looking in the mirror again. I slid on loose ripped jeans, a black belt, and tucked in a plain black shirt underneath my belted pants and slipped on a light green knitted sweater.

"Great fucking way to start your shitty day."; I mumbled harshly under my breath to myself. I looked around, grabbed my phone and headphones then slipped on my combat boots and snuck outside. Avoiding the porch camera, I hopped out my window onto the conveniently placed trampoline. I bounced to the other side, and rushed into the woods.

I panted, then grinned and laughed with excitement. "Wow! Alright Max, time to make your way to town. Avoid being clumsy.." I mumble, again, to myself. I manage surprisingly to make my way to town without getting dirty or falling, and proudly do a salute to myself jokingly.

I put in my headphones, plug them into my phone, and turn on my music. Happily for once, I walk around the block, then go into the café. Slipping out the money, I order my drink and a croissant to-go. Once my things are ready and I've payed, I leave and begin to walk again.