Ai No Satsugai

"You're awake."

Tsutako woke me up, shaking me gently. "I'm glad you're awake. I have bad news."
I sat up from my bed. "What is it, Tsutako?"
Tsutako looked down sadly. "Mother has to stay at the hospital some more. Well, after a few months."
I widened my eyes. "But- mother has to come back before summer ends! Because you'll get married.."
We both started to sob.

"I know. But we have to keep moving on.." she sobbed. "Because.."
She smiled.
"We're the Tomioka family! We are the proud bloodline of people!" She chuckled.
I smiled as well when Giyu came inside. "She's right."
He brought us into a hug.
"We're the Tomioka siblings! We stick together, no matter the cost."

                             {💮}

"I'm ready," I sighed, grabbing my undershirt.
I'm getting ready to start work at Kimetsu Cafe, so I can help my family earn money, like my older siblings.
"Today's work day," Giyu said, putting his name tag on. "Kimetsu Cafe only has about ten or more or less people—
Sabito and Sanemi as cash registers,
Tengen the pickup guy..
Muichiro and Mitsuri along with Shinobu are the waiters..
Kyojuro is the one at the order area..
Me and Obanai are the people who make the drinks..
And we could have you as the food maker. You make the best pastries."

"Thanks," I said, putting my f/c jacket on. "Who else works there?"
"Well, we have Muichiro make pastries as well, and he's only a waiter when Shinobu isn't at work."
"Cool."

We got into Giyu's car, starting it.

                            {💮}

Once we got out of the car, I dusted my skirt.
"Giyu, I'm nervous." I said. He held my hand. "I'll watch you."
We opened the door.
"AH GIYU YOUR SISTER IS JOINING?" Kyojuro asked.
Then that's when it hit me.
"Where's Gyomei?"
"He doesn't work here," Shinobu said, wearing a purple sweater over an undershirt with a skirt. "He comes from time to time."

After being able to talk to everyone except Muichiro, Giyu and Sabito walked me to a kitchen.
Muichiro was there, making a pastry bun. He looked to see me. "Oh.. y/n.."
I waved and he waved back.
"Muichiro she's our new worker, so treat her right, okay?" Sabito asked, having Muichiro nod.

They left me with Muichiro.

"Hey, what kind of pastry bun you making?" I ask, causing him to flinch.
"I'm making a pretzel bun," he answered, "wanna have some? I can split it."
I nodded, feeling myself drool.
He split the pretzel bun in half, giving me the other half.
I took a bite of the bun, feeling the flavor spread all over my taste buds. "It's so good..." I say, savouring every flavor.
"Thanks, my mother taught me." He said, taking a bite of his. I paused.
"My mother taught me too," I sighed.

Silence barged in between us.
"What happened to your mom?" He asked. "It's okay if you don't want to share. It's personal to you, I'm okay."
"My mother has lung cancer, she is still alive but she has to stay at the hospital a little more.."
"My mother had an illness, so she passed away when I was 8."

"I'm sorry for the loss.."
"It's okay. I have a guardian named Yorichii. He's cool."
"I have my older siblings as guardians." I whined.

He chuckled a little, making me heat up. Why am I feeling this way?
Muichiro finished his bun, stuffing the rest in his mouth, grabbing both of us a napkin.
"Thank you."

                              •{💮}•

"AH FUCK YOU!"

Okay, new startings are new. Arguments happen here.
Sabito and Sanemi are fighting again, and that's because one person didn't pay the full price and now they're arguing against each other.
"Does this happen every day?" I ask Muichiro, hiding behind the door of the kitchen.

"Yeah. You'll get used to it." Muichiro said with a monotone voice.
Mitsuri saw us and waved a hi.
"Sorry about this, Y/n." She whispered.

I waved it's okay

"Let's get back to work," Muichiro suggested, "Giyu and Kyojuro will deal with it."
I nodded.
~
"The pastry buns are ready!" I told Muichiro, taking them out.
"Ah! Crap!" I winced, putting them on the table, shaking my hand.
"What's wrong?" Muichiro asked. "You burn yourself?"
I nodded. "It looks like a 3 degree burn. Don't worry, I'll help you."

He disappeared, and reappeared with wraps.
He grabbed my hand gently.
His hands are so soft and warm..
He wrapped it around, and after he placed an ice pack. "Hold that for about 10 minutes. I'll tell the others you're injured."

I sat there.

"You can take a break until your hand doesn't burn." Muichiro said, barging in. "Thanks for everything you've done for me, Muichiro.. I don't know how to repay you..."
Muichiro knelt down. "It's okay, you don't have to. I'm not intending to get anything from you."
I smiled. "Thank you, Mui."
I couldn't explain why, but our faces started to get closer, as I half-lidded my eyes. Our faces were a few inches apart. He smelt like minty pines. Then we widened our eyes.
His face grew red. "Your welcome..."
He stood up and quickly got back to work.

                             •{💮}•

After a few hours of work, I had fun.
The burn doesn't act up a lot, so I got some things done.
Thanks to Muichiro.

After, the cafe was starting to close, leaving all of us cleaning it up.
"You okay?" Giyu asked me. "How's the burn?"
"It's alright." I answered, smiling. He ruffled my hair.
I dusted off my clothes.
~
"Bye!" I said, getting into the car.
Everyone else waved and said bye too.
I saw Muichiro's eye contact, making both of us blush.
"Bye, Mui..." I whispered.

                            •{💮}•

"You guys almost kissed?" Kanao asked, drinking her boba drink. I invited my friends for a sleepover to tell them about what happened that day. Which was yesterday.

"Girl you should have kissed him," Selena said, laying down, "you make the perfect couple."

"No we don't. But it just suddenly happened," I began, "like he knelt down and we chatted, then we got closer and closer until I took a whiff of him!"

"What did he smell like? I know that's weird to ask." Nezuko asked .
"Well, he smelt like minty pines."
"Ooh..." Koyuki smiled. "We are going to ship you guys together."

I widened my eyes. "Ah hell no!"
"Yes. I agree," Selena said, taking her drink and took a sip of it.
"You and Muichiro are perfect together." Kanao chimed in. "Don't deny it," Nezuko giggled, "it might come true."

I groaned.

"Guys why did I decide to tell you!?"