The Coffee Shop

Soap steps inside the well-lit building.

"I'm in the coffee shop."

"Get us a tea."

"Fucking Brits..." Soap says with a huff. He goes up to the railing and sees that he's on the second floor. Before heading down, he wanted to look around, though, find anything that could prove useful.

His eyes catch on another military-grade box and he could practically switch faiths now that he knew luck was on his side. Soap tries opening it, but it's jammed shut. He swears. Soap hasn't got the items he needs to open it.

He looks over the room carefully, trying to spot something from where he's standing. All he finds is some tape on one of the shelves.

"You're gonna owe me for this." Soap randomly says, trying to make more conversation. He liked listening to Ghost talk.

"Why?"

"We're fixing each other's problems."

"What's my problem?" Ghost sounds mildly offended.

"The maaask...Take it off..." Soap drawls, looking under a couple tables. He couldn't find jack shit.

"Show my face?"

"Yes, sir."

"Negative."

"Are you ugly?" Soap teased, finding a piece of metal lodged in one of the chairs. He attempts to pull it out, but it's too stuck to even budge. So much for having muscles if they won't work.

"Quite the opposite." Ghost replies smugly. Soap's mouth opens slightly before he shakes his head with annoyance. Stop flirting with your superior. Do not flirt with your superior.

"I doubt that." Soap comes across a door and tries to pull it open. The damn thing is also stuck. Apparently, everything in this goddamn shop is locked or jammed shut. With nothing else left to look at, Soap heads to the railing and looks down.

Should be an easy drop. He drops down and looks forward, freezing in place. There are at least ten Shadows right in front of him, all heavily armed to the teeth.

"You two, check out that warehouse."

"Guy's got no gun, he won't get far." Well for one, that wasn't true. Soap had two guns on him, fully loaded and ready to party at any moment. This moment, however, was not one of those. He needed to hide and fast.

"He's 141...Still dangerous." Soap moves forward and to the left, crouching low to the ground.

"Go left. I'll clear the alley."

"Roger, on it."

"Ya here? Not too late to surrender..." One of them calls out mockingly. Soap knew the piece of shit was lying. He and Ghost have already killed several of their guys.

"Johnny...town's full o' tunnels. One leads lets out across from the church. Be advised- the tunnel is flooded. Prepare for a cold swim." Ghost jokes. Soap doesn't know why he's feeling so worked up at the moment. One minute he's fine, the next he wants to crawl out of his skin.

"Can't wait." He mumbles under his breath. He quickly makes his way behind the large counter in the middle of the room, looking in both directions to make sure no one saw him. The place was crawling with Shadows now. He could see their flashlights shining through the windows.

Soap sees a door and takes the opportunity to slip out of the coffee shop undetected. He heads straight for a garage-like building, rushing inside when he sees a Shadow heading his way.

"Still upright?"

"So far, so good."

"You get caught out there, they'll kill you slow..." Ghost warns give and Soap tries not to cringe at the images surfacing in his mind. He wouldn't be able to withstand torture, not like Ghost probably could.