My Ninja Way

"The way to become one with the universe is to trust it." - Unknown

"He could be anywhere, be careful." a blonde-haired boy with Himalaya green eyes warned his shadow-clones. One of the shadow clones noticed a shadow behind the pillar to its right, it threw a kunai with a talisman behind the pillar and blew it up. However, the man used the explosion as a smoke-screen and took out all three of the boys' shadow clones.

"Dattebaro!" the boy shouted as he located the man and punched him, knocking him back into the pillar. The boy heard chuckling as the smoke cleared realizing that he punched a shadow clone instead of the man. But how?! The shadow clone should have disappeared, but it endured a punch from him... I guess that's what you expect from the Seventh Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto continued to attack the boy, he created a Rasengan and was about to palm the boy but the boy countered with his own Rasengan. However, the boy's Rasengan stood no chance against Naruto's, which caused the boy to get pushed back into the same pillar he punched Naruto's shadow clone into.

"Good job, Shinachiku." Naruto smiled as he walked over to his son and helped him up as he ruffled the rumble out of Shinachiku's hair.

"Thanks, Dad." Shinachiku stated as he dusted himself off but there was still something that plagued the young 14-year-old boy's mind.

"What's wrong, Shina? You seem to have something on your mind." Naruto asked his son as he was in deep thought.

"I was wondering how you countered my counter Rasengan, or maybe you didn't counter it at all... what if your Rasengan was stronger than mine and it naturally overpower it. Therefore, there was no technique to the madness." Shinachiku concluded as Naruto hit him on the head.

"Are you making fun of your dad?" Naruto scolded Shinachiku as he shook his head disagreeing with his father's assumption.

"With all due respect, you can overpower someone without even thinking. I mean you are Kurama's Jinchuriki, Son of the Fourth Hokage, the Child of Prophecy, the Last Student of Jiraiya the Gallant, Master of Sage-Mode, an Uzumaki, Student of the Sixth Hokage, Reincarnation of Asura, Master of the Six Paths Sage-Mode, and the Seventh Hokage. You are overqualified for me to make fun of you. I'm nothing like you, Dad. I don't have a Tailed Beast in me, I'm not a Reincarnation of the Sage of Six Path's Son, I don't have Six Path Abilities, I don't have a huge chakra reserve like you... No matter how I like it, I will always live in your shadow and that's just how the cookie crumbles. Therefore, I have to use my brain and technique where I lack in power." Shinachiku explained as Naruto realized how he never thought about how his children would feel, knowing that they could never escape their Old Man's shadow.

"I guess, I never thought about that, Shina. I always had three goals in my mind growing up. The first was to become Hokage, which I completed. The second was to bring Sasuke back home, and now he's the Head of the Uchiha-Hyuga Clan. The third was to get married to your mother and have a family because I didn't have parents growing up, I wanted to give you guys the world. However now, I can see your dilemma because of all my accomplishments... You must live with trying to live up to my legacy or try to mess it up." Naruto told Shinachiku as he rested his hand on Shinachiku's shoulder.

"I don't care if you are strong or not, I don't care if you don't make a name for yourself or not, you are still and will forever be my son. I don't care if you're not the best or the worst at something. I want you to forge your own destiny and never give up. That's the only thing I ask from you, is that you find your own Ninja Way." Naruto smiled as he helped Shinachiku up from the ground.

"Why did you want to become Hokage, Dad?" Shinachiku asked as his father while Naruto dawned his Hokage coat.

"I wanted to become someone that people could respect. When I was younger, everyone hated me and treated me like an outcast. I wanted to prove to them that I was more than just the Nine Tail's Jinchuriki. However, I went about it in the wrong way, I took revenge on the people who wronged me. I started to become the monster and troublemaker they called me because that was the only way to get someone to pay attention to me. Lucky, thanks to your Grandpa Iruka, he saved me and inspired me to become the person I am today. Dattebayo!" Naruto laughed as he turned around and smiled, point to himself with his thumb.