✯Nine✯

The next day at school there were posters for abuse everywhere and every teacher talked about it, and played some videos.

Natalie hated it because Nate wouldn't do this to her. She did believe he would do this to other people. But she knew he would never do this to her.

"I am a survivor of abuse. It took me 10 years to admit that. Because the most insidious symptom of abuse, is the inability to admit that what you are enduring is not normal, not okay, and not love." The woman in the video said, everyone in class kept glancing at Natalie and whispering.

Eventually she had enough of the glances and stares and whispered and grabbed her stuff and left the class.

After class Cassie went to ask Natalie about the dick pics on Nate's phone, "What dick pics?" Natalie asked

"Maddy said you found dick pics on Nate's phone" Cassie said "I don't know if your brain is all scrambled from all the Molly you took this weekend. But I never said that. And I don't know who told Maddy that. Don't ever spread a fucking lie like that. got it?" Natalie said Cassie nodded kind of scared "We good?" Natalie asked "Yeah." Cassie said and Natalie closed her locker walking away.

Natalie didn't mean to snap at Cassie the way she did but she tired of all the stares she had gotten today.

And she should've been mad at Maddy for telling Cassie something like that. Even if it was the truth. She didn't know how Maddy even found out.

Natalie wasn't doing well. Over the course of the last five days, natalie had sent Nate a total of 273 text messages. None of which he answered. Plus, everyone in her life was against her.

"It's not real love, natalie." Vivian told her daughter "how the fuck would you know?" Natalie asked "Don't cuss at me!" Vivian said

"Seriously, Mom, you haven't been in a real relationship since dad died, 4 years ago." Natalie said "you don't have to be so cruel, Natalie." Vivian said

"I'm not. I'm just saying, love is a million things. Sometimes it feels good and sometimes it doesn't. The one thing I know is that Nate loves me no matter what. Whether it's a friendly kind of love or not, he loves me. He'd fucking kill for me, and I'd kill for him. It feels good to know that there's one person in this whole fucked up world who has my back. I mean you've barely spoke to me since dad died.

"You're right. I haven't spoke to you. I've tried, it's just hard to speak to your teenage daughter who looks and acts just like her dad." Vivian said and then walked out of the room

Natalie grabbed her car keys and left. She didn't know where she was going but she was going.

She had tried to call Maddy but she didn't answer. She needed her best friend more than anything right now.

She even decided to call rue. She felt like she could trust her. But rue didn't answer either so she just drove and cried.

After about 10 minutes of driving her phone lit up with a text from Cassie

Cassie
Nate said download signal.

When Natalie read that she slammed on the breaks not caring if she got hit or not.

She downloaded signal and within minutes she got a text from Nate

Nate<3
Meet me at the hotel off exit 27.

She smiled to herself and rubbed he stomach before driving off to the hotel to meet Nate

When she got to the hotel she knocked on the door and waited for nate to open it. And when he did he stepped outside and hugged her.

He hated that he had put her in the situation because he was pissed at Maddy.