Aedion <SAD>

After meeting him, I knew that I never wanted to see him again. His name was Aedion. A half fae jerk who knew that he was the best there was. She was stronger, faster, smarter than everyone. I was fae. Well also half fae. My mom was a witch. My father was fae. They should never have met and he makes sure that I know that. Well he doesn't know that my mother is a witch. I just told him that I was a bastard. Maybe that's what gave him ammunition. It's why he thinks that he is better than me. I'm only here for Aelin. She saved my sister and her 13. I owed her this much at least. She is the only one that knows. I didn't even mean to tell her but she promised to not utter a word. When she gives her word you know it is true. I know this much is true since Aedion hasn't stopped.

After running a small patrol around our little camp, as I was walking back I caught hint of something that made my stomach turn. Rot. Living, walking rot. My people were dangerous. But not at dangerous as these things. I ran as fast as I could. Metal canine's bared and silver nails shimmering against the snow. Fast as lightening silent as dead man. I started to forget that they are who they were. All I could think of was my little sister. She needed me. I wasnt there and she needed me. This time they need me. And I am not there. I need to be there. My fae magic is null, unhelping. I can influence the Flora. DOESNT HELP WHEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT MOUNTAINS. No Flora. I hate these mountains. It's so lifeless and dull. At least I thought it was dull. Now there was something that I needed to do. And I can even be there when they need me.

The smell of blood and rot I knew something bad was happening. I knew I needed to be faster. I saw the smoke of burning. Aelin. Seemingly impossible, I started to run faster. Seeing three among Aedion I was all claws slashing. Ripping and tearing rotten flesh of deteriorated bones. I slid myself between him and the Valg. Ripped them open as Aelin turned them to ashes. When they were gone my rage remained. Unbothered by what had happened. I ripped Aedion off of the floor he had no injuries but it was close. "Why do you think that you are so much better than I am!! Why did you think that it was a good idea to send me out there. While everyone was sleeping might I add!! If anything this had just proved to you that I am better than you in every single way there is. You can hardly take on one. I killed three in minutes. General Aedion." I saw the look in his eyes. Fear. Worry. Love. Regret. After living so long you can tell what people are feeling through their eyes. Even what they're thinking sometimes. I set him down gently. Backed up. And I walked away.

It's been a week. Aelin told him in my stead that I was a witch. He took the news well she told me. I didn't care though. I nodded in respect and walked back to the tree I was currently purched in. Keeping a bird's eye view when Rowan was resting or just didn't want to. I didn't care. I couldnt care. I lost my cool almost killed Aedion and for what. I was scared. What did I have to be scared of. The only thing that I cared about was my sister. The only person that I cared for was my sister. Right?

It's been 2 more weeks and I still haven't talked to him. He watches me now. But not like how he watches other people. It's all in his eyes. They are wider. Curious. He wants to know what I am feeling or thinking. I don't think that I can tell him. How do I say to someone that I would kill to make sure they were safe. Rip apart anything that might stand in the way of me doing what I need to make sure that they are safe. How do you tell a person that who hates you. I dont know.

So I didnt ever say it. For years. I never said a word about how I felt to him. Only talking to him when I needed to. I fought beside him every chance I got but I never said a word. However every time that I looked into his eyes, I knew that I was never going to. He knew everything that I swore I would never say. I just never got to tell him for myself. The only day that I didnt fight beside him was the day that I got to watch an arow go right through his heart. I knew that no amount of magic could heal that kind of wound. There was nothing that I can do other than sink to my knees. I let out a cry that shook the earth and the stars.

I never got to tell him that I loved him. But he knew. And after burying him, I knew that I was never going to see him ever again.