ƒινє

𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: 𝔗𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Comfort.

The word best describes Leon's company.

Caitlyn lacked nothing in her fast-paced life. She had more than enough friends who could provide help as allies in times of need. Monthly visits from her best friend gives her the break she needed. Everyone in her life plays a role for her convenience.

Leon?

He's someone to accompany her when she feels like reading for hours at a tea shop.

Silence filled the air between them. They could hear the doorbell ring every time a customer walks in or leaves. Caitlyn likes the sound of the pages flipping as she and Leon read their own books.

The coffees they ordered were left untouched, turning cold on the table between them. Caitlyn never liked coffee, she didn't even bother to correct Leon when he ordered the drinks. That was unnecessary information to let her acquaintance know. Leon, on the other hand, was so absorbed into his own book that he didn't remember about the cup of coffee.

Both didn't know how long had passed. The silence was too comfortable to break. Unfortunately, Caitlyn's body had other plans.

Having to have sat in the same position for hours, her body started to complain in the form of pain and aches. Feeling sore, Caitlyn closed her book and sat up stretching.

Leon glanced up from his book.

Caitlyn had her eyes closed, a groan escaped her lips as her arms were held above her head.

A cat, Leon thought before burying his head back into his book.

He sat there unmoving, turning the page as he continued on with his book. Suddenly, a shadow looms over, bringing a frown onto Leon's face. He was reminded of the times Felix would loom over him, blocking his light source as he read. Being used to it, Leon did not bother to tell the person to go away.

"You have good taste in books."

At the soft tone of the voice, Leon turned towards his left where the voice came from and immediately, his nose was buried in soft pale blonde hair. The scent of lavender fields filled his senses.

Surprised by the close vicinity, Leon promptly pulled away, Charles's warning tone appeared in his mind. He sat up, adjusting his posture and position. Looking down, he saw Caitlyn leaning on her palm as her elbow rested on the table top.

The shift in his position made her move as well, leaning back into her chair as she continued to stare at the words in his book, her own was left closed across the table where she sat before.

Leon didn't notice her moving or changing her seat. He was either too absorbed in his book or she was just too quiet with her movements.

As soon as he started reading again, Caitlyn leaned closer. This time, Leon noticed it. He froze, expecting her to move and go back to her book, but she didn't. Caitlyn felt warmth emitting from Leon, maybe because he sat close to the heater. She was drawn to the warmth like a cat drawn to the fireplace. Leon's breath hitches. It was so loud that Caitlyn heard it, not that Leon was ever subtle about anything.

Feeling uncomfortable, Leon places a hand on Caitlyn's shoulder and gives it a squeeze. He didn't push her away, in fact, he offered her his book.

She took it happily, the bare skin of their fingers touched and Leon pulled away in shock, heart beating wildly.

Her fingers were as cold as ice, making him wonder if that was the reason why she wore gloves during official events. Leon unconsciously held his contacted fingers with the other hand, almost cradling it close to his chest. Breaking out of his reverie, he moved to lift the cup of coffee to his lips and took a sip.

The bitterness of the cold coffee stung his senses.

Leon noticed he was at the edge of his seat, leaning away from the blonde girl beside him. There was the safe distance between them that Charles had been nagging him with since last week.

A thought about Charles sitting in this very tea shop, observing their every move, intruded Leon's train of thoughts.

Leon shuddered.

The angry face of the American prince made him grimace.

Caitlyn was too unconscious about her actions— or she knew what she was doing. She just didn't care, that's why Charles was being so concerned over her.

Leon was lost in his thoughts. The fingers that came in contact with hers grew warmer, as did his face. Clearing his throat loudly, he turned away from her, covering his lower face with his large hands.

It was just an accidental touch, he scolded himself.

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

791 ωσя∂ѕ

𝐚/𝐧: i'm so sorry. this is the best i can do for now.