Chapter 13

Layla Pov

Noor is starting to worry me. I really should talk to Azaan about her. Maybe her mother can help. Like serious her mother not once came to fetch her from school. Nor have I ever seen her. Maybe they don't stay together at least she should be involved in her daughter life.

I remember when I was accused for that false accusation. Abbu (father) never believed me, no matter how much I screamed and cried, but ammi. She always believed me, because as a mother her words not mine.

"As a mother I know what my child is capable of and I know that you would never do thoses horrible thing that Fatima child has accused you of. I don't believe those photo either I believe you my child. I can see it in your eyes that you aren't guilty of any crime." that brought tears to my eyes so she sent me here to live with Nani and Nana (grandparents). The memories flash infront of my eyes as I'm unable to digest it.

10 years ago

I came home all cheerfully. "Ammi, abbu I have a suprise for you guys. I came first in today's unprepared test. My teacher says that I will got very far in life like no other. I even got 100%"

"What must we do if you got such excellent results. Tell me what must we do. Huh you've already put us to such shame infront of society what else do you want us to do huh?" abbu screams at me.

"Layla's abbu please, I don't believe that those photo's are real. We can't just judge our little angel because of them." ammi stood up for me. (A/N in India husband and wife call each other by their child name.)

What's going on here. Abbu never screams or shouts at me like this. This can never be true. Abbu always supports me through thick and thin. What on earth has happened now.

"Ammi, what happen why is abbu so upset with me." I cry in ammi arms.

" It's nothing my child came with me here and tell me is it this true. I know it isn't true but just for your father assurance." ammi takes me towards a cupboard and takes photos out and gives it to me.

It was a photo with me nake in a man arms. He was nake as well but my face is the only face that can be seen.

" Ammi, this is not true this isn't me. This is a photoshopped photo. This is another women and my face is just pasted in her place ammi, you have to believe me Ammi." I cried.

"Don't worry my child I believe you. My 14 year old child can never do such a thing. Mommy believes you." she takes me into her arms and hugs me rubbing my head in the process. "I told you Layla abbu she can never do such a thing. My child is as innocent and a flower."

"Don't you dare take her side. This is all lies. She is a bloody liar." abbu says caming to my side and grabs me out of my mothers protective arms. Before I can comprehend a tight slap is plasted across my face.

I cry even harder. Just then my mother again grabs me back into her arms.

"No you will not touch my daughter again." Ammi says with so much fear in her eyes. Why wouldn't she after all abbu has never been so angry ever before. Even I find it hard to believe that this man is actually the same man who couldn't even stand a single scolding Ammi use to give me.

"Abbu please you have to believe me. I'm your princess right abbu. You've got to believe me please abbu, please." I cry ranning and holding abbu feet.

I know it's wrong to hold someone feet and I'll ask Allah forgiveness. Ya Allah please forgive me, all I need to do right now is, melt my father heart and let him forgive me for a mistake I haven't even committed.