Chapter 17

Narrator Pov

The next day Layla grandparents and Layla mother spoke about everything related to Salman and Layla wedding and now they are leaving to talk with Salman before hand so that they can know about what Salman feels.

Flashback

After Layla left to her room grandma follows her to see if she is going to eaves drop on their conversation. Grandma is very scare as she doesn't want them to disagree and make Layla feel sad. So she wanted to hear a yes from Layla mother as well as Salman before she will talk about anything to Layla.

After following her successfully she sees Layla closing the door and quickly walks back to the sitting room where her husband was sitting talking about random things.

"Put the phone on speaker." she says to her husband without any worry as Layla room is closed and she won't hear anything.

"But why??" he motions with his hands

"Darling...." she says which always makes her husband shy. She says it when she doesn't have any answer to questions he asks her, so that he can get shy and forget about the question he asked her.

As she predicted he remind silent not being able to look at her face all red like tomato ketchup. He obeys by putting the call on speaker.

"Dear daughter, you're on speaker as your dad and I want to speak to you about something serious and very important."

"Okay I'm listening." she replies a bit scared as she thinks Layla might have done something which didn't please her parents.

"You don't need to be scared as Layla hasn't done anything wrong of which we are going to complain about to you. What we want to discuss firstly is very important and secondly we are bound to talk about it sometime or the other." grandpa says in a reassurance manner.

Sadly it doesn't reassure Layla mother as she gets a little more scared and hummers in response making sure her parents don't understand that she is scared dispite what her father has told her.

The couple looks at each other understanding that their daughter is still scared because she never hummers to them unless she is trying to hide her feelings in her voice.

"We will just get to the point otherwise she will keep stressing and Layla might wake up if we keep her waiting." grandpa whispers to grandma, while she nods her head and then speaks up again.

"Layla is already 24 right if I'm not mistaken." grandma starts the conversation after a long silences.

"Yes..." Layla mother says not exactly understand where the conversation was heading.

"So I think we should get her married, I've seen a guy for her and I think she might like him as she knows him before we met him."

"Marriage?? I haven't even thought about it with all these things going on. I've been looking for that Fatima girl all over but I think she moved to another country............"

"So what you are trying to tell me is that you won't get your daughter married if your husband doesn't believe his own blood over others." Layla mother was silent which gave her the answer to her question so she continued. "What if that Fatima has gone somewhere far away and you never find her. Are you going to leave you daughter unmarried for the rest of her life just so that your so called husband and so called father of your only daughter can see the wedding. Disgusting!" grandma roared in anger.

"No, mother don't say like that. Is it my fault that I want my daughter to have her father with her in her marriage. Mother I don't want to hurt you but, abbu (father) was way more supportive that you were when I had gotten married. Abbu wipped my tears making sure that I don't feel burden on you people. While you were a crying mess the whole time. Mother I'm sorry to says this, and to bring you down, but I had no other way of saying that my daughter needs her father at her wedding. No matter what had happened she always loved her father more than her mother. Even thought she shared everything with me as a kid but I always saw her eyes longing and waiting for her father's return home from work. I know she loved her father more because whenever he was around she would forget she has a mother too. I always felt jealous that I never saw that longing in her eyes for me but after she left I realised how that she never loved anyone more. She loved us both equally, the only reason I saw longing in her eyes for him was because he wasn't with her 24/7 the way I was." Layla mother let's out sobs while wipping her tears.