5. I'm Not Quiet. I'm Plotting.

Five

I'm Not Quiet. I'm Plotting.

My first night, I had to admit I did nothing but sit in bed and wait for someone to come. But like Elena said, it was going to be a couple of days before anything happened, like explain to me what exactly was going on.

An hour after Elena left, she came back carrying a tray of food, which looked like it should have been served at a five star restaurant, not in someone's house.

"Here you go," she smiled, setting the tray on the table to the left of the bed. "Marta is an amazing cook, so hopefully you like everything."

"Who's Marta?" I asked as the smell assaulted my nose. My mouth had started watering when she walked through the door.

Elena sat down in the armchair by the windows and smiled at me. "She's our housekeeper and cook. She lives here with us," she explained, and then pointed toward the door where an intercom was mounted on the wall. "If you ever want something to eat or need anything else, all you have to do is call and she'll bring it to you in a matter of minutes. She already knows you're here, so she won't be surprised when she hears your voice."

I nodded and reached for the tray, not able to keep myself away anymore. My stomach started growling just as I placed it on the bed in front of me. I hadn't realized I was as hungry as I was, but I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast that morning. John had taken me before we went for lunch, so my stomach was pretty much empty. Before I knew it, the plate was clean. With my stomach full and happy, I felt like I could spend the next day or two sleeping.

Elena left after I finished, taking the tray with her, and left me all alone once more.

Not really knowing what to do, I went into the bathroom and stared at the huge claw footed bath tub calling my name. With all of the stress of the day, I could definitely use a bath...and I wouldn't have minded washing off the smell either. I stripped out of my clothes and put them in the laundry chute – which took me a moment to figure out exactly how to work – as I ran the warm water.

After a good hour and a half of just lounging in the bathtub and getting so pruney I started to resemble my grandmother, I got out and grabbed one of the fluffy towels in the linen closet beside the sink. I ran it through my hair to get most of the water out and wrapped another tightly around my body before stepping into the bedroom.

Elena brought me some clothes while I was in the bathtub – a pile of neatly folded shirts, shorts, capris, and pajamas on the bed with a smaller pile of underwear beside it. With the towel still around me, I looked through them, doing a happy dance on the inside since I was glad she was the same size I was. The only thing going to be weird was they weren't my normal t-shirts and jean shorts. No, the clothes she gave me were expensive-looking and all had designer labels, something I never bothered with before, even though my mother would have happily let me have her credit cards if I was planning on dressing like she did.

Since it was almost time for bed and I was about to fall asleep standing up, I grabbed one of the pajama pieces she'd put in a separate pile. The silky material slipped through my fingers and my eyebrows shot up when I saw what it was. Compared to the huge t-shirts I usually wore to bed, you would have thought I was expecting someone to see me in this crazy contraption Elena expected me to wear. The silky night gown was black and had thin straps that left my shoulders bare. Before I even put it on, I knew it was barely going to cover my backside.

And don't even get me started on the few sets of bras and underwear either! Every piece was either made of silk or lace and looked like it belonged on the Victoria's Secret runway instead of on little ol' me. I was used to being properly covered, not have my boobs pushed under my chin from the padding and half of my butt hanging out.