Chapter 4

Zhan POV:

I wander around the party and analyze everything every five minutes to make a good impression. It's not easy to capture the crowd's attention, so I work hard to get my reward. My legs are hurting, but I never give up and take care of each one as much as possible. Even if it's not for me, I will do it for my friend. Because he has given me this job in trust, and I don't want to break it. I will be active until the party is over.

To distract me from work, my phone rings to get my attention. Looking around the surroundings to clarify that nothing has gone wrong, I take my phone out and look at the caller's identity. It's from Ji Li. I swipe the green button and attend the call. Because of the sounds coming from the party, I hear nothing, so I walk out and stand against the fence to chat with him.

After the conversation is over, I run my fingers over the pillar that's pretty decorated with colorful flowers. It looks good. "Ouch!" I shake my hand when it hurts. Suddenly, something from the decorations tore my skin slightly. I bring my finger to my mouth and suck it lightly to avoid the blood dripping. I then look at the pillar and check the decorations to find what's wrong.

 I then look at the pillar and check the decorations to find what's wrong

A pin is disoriented there. I correct the mistake and turn to move, but something catches my attention. I narrow my eyes at the shore and figure out that Wang Yibo and his bodyguard are talking with someone seriously. Do I need to mind it? No! I shake my head and shift at the right time when a girl loses her balance and is about to fall. "Oh, God!" I run over to her and help her get stability.

Time goes smoothly until I feel bored, so I choose to wander around again to check things out. It's my responsibility. I should take care of it. As I stroll around, I knock on the vase that's settling on the table. Oh, shit! I already made a mistake by arguing with the owner. Another one has been added to the list. Chewing my fingernails, I stare at the broken vase and think about how to get rid of it.

A server walks over and taps my shoulder to gain my attention. "Sir is calling you."

I swallow hard and think about the reason for calling before following him out. Maybe they had gotten to know that I broke the vase. Rubbing the back of my neck, I approach the manager and give him a pleasing look. "You've called me!"

The guy glares at me like I have committed a sin. It makes me feel disgusted with myself. Whatever happened is unintentional, so he shouldn't be annoyed or snap. "How did you dare break the vase? Do you know how costly it is?" He growls. He is absolutely furious.

"Sorry, sir. I didn't mean it." I apologize to the angry guy and feel ashamed of myself. I don't know what to do. I look up at him with embarrassment and try to solve the situation. "I will pay for the loss, but give me some time." I'm pleading with him for a chance to correct my mistake. And hear that he mumbles curse words while stroking his dyed blue hair.

I exhale a deep breath and slouch down when he's leaving, with the thought that I'm not worth his time. I feel embarrassed. I don't want to be around anybody now. I rub my tired face and turn to leave, but get stuck when my eyes land on a person who is familiar to me. Is it true? There is no chance of it. And I'm sure my eyes will never lie to me as well.