Chapter 4

"Stay here," I spoke making the woman raised her brow, "Alright, don't burn yourself." She spoke leaning against the rocks and I grinned at her and turned to the lava; "I won't." Her chuckle filled my ears as I took a breath and then began to chant raising the lava, her gasp flooded my ears. I love her reactions, they are so cute. I ended it and turned to her; "It's going back to normal in an hour," I spoke, my smirk growing as I saw her wide-eyed and those lips were parted; "Holy shit, your really talented!" She complimented making my skin darken as she appeared in front of me, those eyes shimmering and I smiled. "Thank you," she beamed a fanged grin making me chuckle, and we began to make our way through the path. 

"Luna," her gaze shifted to the fellow winter dragon, his gaze was hardened against hers almost glaring daggers as she put her attention to the male. "What is it Nivia?" A low growl left the king's lips his tail twitching as he stared down at his mate; "Why have you sent Thorn, anyone else would've done that job." Her brows knitted together and she turned her head. He's always cared about that little elf more than I. In truth, she couldn't deny that a part of her hoped she wouldn't come back, that the Archmage would betray them and cut her down. "Why do you care about that elf?" She countered and the dragoness met his gaze, those bright crimson bared down at her and his wings opened showing the bright lacey details that stained his twin wings and revealed a large gash that climbed from his stomach. "That is none of your concern," the woman frowned at his harsh tone and pulled her body from the rocks, approaching him; "Do you really think I don't know about that other woman?" Her gaze was pleading against his, almost as if she begged the man to keep his sights on her. His wings fell but an inch and his orbs widened as a sigh left; "Why won't you tell me what she is to you? We've been mated for five years." Her voice was a whisper and cracked at the end, and he sighed; his brows folded and he cursed. "She's my daughter." Her body stiffened, and guilt flooded her soul as those bright jeweled eyes widened. "Before...us, I was mated with a woman I loved dearly and she died for our daughter. So, why have you sent Thorn with a man we don't even trust?" He held his head up high, not faltering or showing how much he hoped his little pup would return. The Queen hung her head, her eyes staring out trying to focus but nothing kept her sight. It was blurred, and the ground turned to ice, he won't touch me because he does not love me. Nivia pursed his lips, unsure as to what to do. I will never love her like I love Aphi. In truth, he accepted her for his daughters' sake, in hope that she would have a mother figure. All he wanted was what was best for the half-breed; "Does she know?" Luna questioned wiping her eyes and he gave a slow nod; guilt strung into her sorrow cutting her deep as he paused then set his head against hers; "I'm sorry," was all the dragon could muster and Luna leaned into him accepting his warmth. I want to be selfish and have him to myself, but I can't. "I was being selfish," she started and accepted the fate that would plague her, but they both knew they couldn't go after the two. Or else it would ruin Aaravos test. 

A hum flooded my lips as my eyes scanned the area, I wonder how dad is holding up? I dodged a branch, ducking my horns under and a groan filled my ears along with a string of curses. Heh? My gaze shifted and met Aaravos he paled as he gripped a tree his cape swung wildly in the wind as I cupped my face and a loud wheeze left my blood-colored lips. "Don't laugh!" He yelled as I fell back rolling around and gripping my stomach as I laughed at the man, tears rolling down as he cursed at me. "Dammit! Don't bloody laugh, damn it!" I inhaled pulling my body up and saw him with a pouty frown, his gaze narrowed and arms crossed against his chest. "Need some help there reindeer?" I snickered as his face darkened and those honey orbs widened. "I'm an elf, thank you!" He defended making another wheeze flood my lips and I pulled my body from the earth. "Mhmm," I cooed looking up as I set my hands behind my back and smiled at the man, purple highlighted under those bright stary freckles and they seemed to glow slightly. His gaze shifted and he covered the bottom of his face, I hummed and pulled my head up then shifted my gaze to the tree. I slipped over and climbed it being careful not to hurt him as I leaned on the branch and cut the tree releasing him from the bark. He grunted and removed the branches and shook his head, then I paused shifting down I grabbed a leaf and he turned his head looking up at me. "Hello shorty," I smirked spinning the leaf as he raised a brow; "Aren't you five one?" I puffed my cheeks; "five one and a half!" I countered and he laughed; "You have to count the half-inch?" I leaned up crossing my arms; "Yes!" I opened an eye meeting his smirk and we broke into giggles. "Alright, come down before you fall." I hummed and swung my leg over and hopped down, "Aight, let's go!" I spoke setting my hand on my hips; "Alright, will have to go through those sandy dunes." I hummed; "Slice and dice those evil nope ropes." I let my talons appear and his orbs widened. "Is that magic?" He asked and my gaze turned to him as I let him watch as I retracted the nails. "No?" I questioned, and he hummed and I let him look at my hands; "Do your black nails have an enchantment?" He mumbled and I giggled, I almost forgot he doesn't know my dad is a dragon. Then again, not a lot of people do, then again no one asked. "It's just how my body works." He tilted my head and I let my talons appear and I moved my fingers and set them away. "Interesting." He spoke, making me grin. There's no reason to mention it, if he asks I'll simply tell him.