New Job and So Much More

Charmy's Pov

Well, today was looking to be a big step forward for me; Simon's uncle works for a record company and he was able to get me an interview. Granted, it was for an internship, but hey, it was a way to get my foot in the door all the same. I knew I needed to put my best foot forward, so I got dressed in the fanciest clothes I had and went straight to the building. (He's wearing the clothes in the picture)

I had to admit, it was a lot taller in person. I got in the elevator and waited for it to reach my floor. I was so engrossed in my thoughts about staying calm, I didn't notice someone else had gotten on until they were talking to me. "Are you new here, I don't think I've seen you around here before," she said, with a voice like honey. She was a bee like me with bright blue eyes and only a little shorter. If I was being honest with myself, she was really cute.

"Kind of, I'm actually here for an interview," I told her. "My name's Charmy, by the way." I don't know why, but when I looked at her, I got this weird feeling that I can't really describe, but kind of liked.

"My name's Lilly, and don't worry, you don't have anything to worry about. The boss is a pretty nice guy, so I'm sure you'll do fine," she told me. We continued to talk and I found out she works here as a secretary. Soon enough, we reached my floor. I got off, thanked her for the pep talk, and went to my potentially new boss' office.

If I'm being completely honest, that interview felt like an eternity. But the best part was the way it ended; he handed me a name tag, shook my hand, and told me I started tomorrow. I played it cool, but I felt like I could jump over the moon. On my way out I ran into Lilly in the elevator again. "So, how'd it go?" she asked with what seemed to be genuine interest.

"Well, he didn't seem too crazy about me," I started, deciding to mess with her a little. "But he at least liked me enough to offer me this." I then pulled out my new name tag. "I start tomorrow, coworker."

She playfully punched me in the arm and congratulated me. Once She had to leave, she told me she was looking forward to us working together. For the rest of the day, I couldn't get my mind off of her. Then I finally realized why; I just fell in love with my new coworker. This should make the job a whole lot better.