-10-

I slammed the door behind me and my boyfriend looked up surprised. "Hey, what happened?", he asked. I let myself fall on the couch and crossed my arms over my chest. "Wen Junhui is an idiot", I announced. He gave me a confused look. "He just told me my job was not important and useless and...", I couldn't go on as the tears started to fall. Minghao went over to me and pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it's okay", he mumbled as he stroke my back, "I'm sure he didn't mean it like that." "He said I should quit my boring job and tour around the world with you guys as your manager! My job is not boring! It is very important!", I sobbed into his chest, both hurt and angry. "Of course it is, honey", he told me gently and cupped my face with his hands, "And I am very proud of you." "Thanks", I sniffed and fell right back into his embrace.

We had been sitting there for quite a while and I almost forgot about the fight with my best friend. I had dozed off as somebody knocked at the trailer's door. Minghao got up and opened the door. "Jun", I heard him say, "What do you want?" "Can I talk to her?", the other one gave back. My boyfriend looked at me and I nodded. "Sure", he sighed and stepped aside to let my best friend pass, "I'll give you some time to yourselves." "Thanks", Jun and I both mumbled as Minghao left.

"I'm sorry", Jun said right away, "I shouldn't have called your job boring. It's not like it's not important or anything. I only wanted to help you out after you said you'd miss Minghao and me so often when we're away. I thought it might be a nice idea." I felt tears coming up again. "It's fine, I understand", I gave back and hugged Jun, "I might just be a bit sensitive of the topic. People often don't seem to understand the importance of my work." "I know", he gave back as he wrapped his arms around me, "But they really should." "They totally should", I answered. "Friends again?", he asked. "You never stopped being my friend", I grinned and let go off him. We talked about it a bit longer before I excused myself and went searching for my boyfriend again.

I found Minghao at the set. Jun had introduced us some months ago. My best friend was filming a drama and Minghao was helping out at decorating the set. He actually was a painter and a good one at it, but he decided he wanted to give the whole set-thing a try. The two immediately clicked and without being able to protest I had to meet Jun's new friend. And somehow, we got to where we were now. I leaned against him with a smile and he put his arms around me while giving instructions as to where and how stuff should be done. As soon as he was finished with it, he looked at me. "Are you two good again?", he asked me, empathy and a bit of worry in his eyes. I nodded. "That is good", he smiled and kissed the crown of my head. There was nothing more to say. I could feel that he was truly relieved for me. I closed my eyes for a bit and just enjoyed his scent, his warmth and the feeling of leaning against him, his arms around me. It felt perfect.

The music ended and Minghao left through the door again, yet only after an elegant bow. The constant distance had made us realize that either one of us had to give up his job or we had to give up each other. Yet, he loved touring around the world while I enjoyed just staying at home much more and we decided to end the relationship. It had been a hard time for a while but thankfully we remained good friends. And even though he now was my ex, I still remembered how I felt with him so vividly. It was the first time I had a boyfriend and even though every other boyfriend after him made me feel similar, I had always connected the feeling to him only. Until I met the one man who had proposed to me before all this. He gave our relationship the same magical feeling. I smiled happily as the darkness closed in on me.

After the fifth dance I learned that love means having someone who makes you feel like coming home.