Chapter 3- Team Up

Chapter 3- Team Up

(May 25, 2026)

"Are you kidding me?"

Jared sighs as Lacy bursts out with that exclamation. He had just returned back to Utah, where he had reunited with Lacy. Needless to say, Lacy was not a fan of the fact that her husband was being asked away on a mission when they had a new baby.

"Why are they asking you now?" she demands.

"Because this cult is growing stronger, and they want it destroyed before it can grow strong enough to be a serious threat. Master Plo feels strongly that I'm the best one for the job," Jared responds.

"But Brooklyn is so little, darling. You can't just miss the start of her life," Lacy protests.

"I know, sweetheart. But I have to go. I can't just let a threat like this slide, especially when I've been asked by General Rommel himself. I have to go," Jared responds.

Lacy looks a bit distraught, wanting to argue further. However, after a moment, she sighs in defeat before asking, "How long will you be gone?"

"Hopefully not long. At least a month, maybe up to 6 months if it's really difficult to track them down. But I should be home by the end of the year at the latest," Jared responds.

Lacy is quiet before she sighs again. Jared can see she looks like she's about to start crying. Jared pulls her in for a hug and says soothingly, "Darling, it'll be okay. I'm not going alone, and I promise I will be home. I will come back to you both."

"I know. It doesn't mean it's not difficult," Lacy responds. Jared just holds her, knowing how difficult this will be for her. Any trips he's taken for the Jedi since they got married have either been trips around the world or the occasional trip to another planet in the Alliance. This will be the first time he'll be going to Andromeda, and the first time he'll be gone for this long.

Finally, Lacy manages to compose herself and look into Jared's face. "Promise you'll call me regularly," she says.

"I promise," Jared responds.

"Alright. I guess I can be mostly okay with it," she responds, trying to manage a smile.

"I love you," Jared says, giving her a quick kiss before turning to the bouncy seat where Brooklyn is napping. Jared bends down next to her, gently stroking her face as he whispers, "Be a good girl for mommy. I'm gonna miss you lots, sweetie. Don't get too big while I'm gone." He then gently kisses her forehead before standing up and turning back to his wife.

"I promise you I'll come home," Jared says. The two then share one more kiss before Jared picks up his bag with the necessities he's already packed up and heads out the door.

(Earth orbit)

Holding his personal SF-23 fighter steady on its present course, Jared keeps his eyes focused on the TAS Granite Mountain directly ahead of him. The Granite Mountain is heading out for deployment with the Andromeda Fleet, and will be Jared's ride to the Andromeda Galaxy.

Jared carefully flies his fighter up into the Granite Mountain's hangar bay and lands. After shutting down the fighter, he climbs out of the cockpit, and finds the executive officer waiting for him.

"Mr. Hansen, welcome aboard," the XO says.

"Good to be aboard, commander," Jared responds. He then glances around and says, "This ship has a special place in my heart. It's always a pleasure to be aboard." The XO knows he's referring to the ship's namesake, the Granite Mountain Hotshots, and nods in response.

"Well, let's make our way to the bridge. With you aboard, we're ready to start the journey," the XO says. Jared nods, and follows the XO out of the hangar. As they leave the hangar bay, the Granite Mountain jumps into hyperspace.

(June 4, 2026)

"Coming out of hyperspace...now!"

Jared and the captain of the Granite Mountain watch together as the Granite Mountain comes out of hyperspace. Up ahead, they can see Naboo, pristine and beautiful with a few Terran warships in orbit over the planet.

"Thank you for bringing me here, captain. I'll head down to the hangar bay now," Jared says, and the captain nods at him. Jared then turns and leaves the bridge.

Jared makes his way down to the hangar, where his fighter has already been fully prepped by the hangar crews. Jared climbs aboard the fighter as a crewman stuffs his bag into the small compartment on the bottom of the nose just forward of the engines. Jared then fully powers up the engines, lifting the SF-23 off the floor of the hangar. He then flies out of the hangar and heads for towards Naboo.

Entering the atmosphere, Jared heads down towards the main air base built just outside Theed. He calls ahead to confirm his landing with the air traffic controller, and continues down towards the air base when he hears the confirmation. Within a few minutes, Jared reaches the air base and sets his SF-23 down on the tarmac. As he sets it down, he sees that parked all around him are 18 SF-15s all painted in the unique markings of the Hammer Squadron.

As Jared shuts down his fighter, he sees a group of about 20 people walking up to meet him. Jared raises the canopy and hops out of the fighter.

Jared quickly recognizes the man in high ranking officers gear in front as Admiral Boyle. He then also recognizes the famous Jonathan Page beside him.

"Jared Hansen. Welcome to Naboo," Boyle says.

"Thank you for the welcome, Admiral," Jared says. He then turns to Jonathan and says, "Captain Page. A pleasure to meet you at last."

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Hansen, especially since you received the Cross too," Jonathan says, referencing both of them having received the Jedi Cross during the war. Jonathan then continues with, "It's a pleasure to be working with you. We've heard good things about you."

"And I've of course heard the stories of you guys. This is definitely gonna be a fun and interesting mission," Jared says with a smile.

Jared and the squadron then follow Admiral Boyle off of the tarmac and into one of the briefing rooms that lie just off the tarmac. The group enters and takes their seats, ready for Admiral Boyle to give them their final briefing before they set out on their mission.

"Well, gentlemen and ladies. It's time for this mission to finally get moving," Admiral Boyle says. He pauses briefly, then says, "As all of you know by now, your target is a dark side cult that has begun to be more open about their operations. They have won the loyalty of a number of surviving Imperials. Not enough to be a serious threat, but enough to cause damage. We estimate thousands of troops and several Star Destroyers to be among these forces."

"The Joint Command wants this cult and their Imperial allies destroyed. However, sightings of members of this cult have been sparse, and we have no idea as to their current base of operations, save that it is in the Outer Rim. However, one recent sighting of a member of this cult occurred on Tatooine, which we are currently investigating."

Jared turns to Jonathan. "Well, I think we all know some on Tatooine who might know a thing or two," he says with a smile.

Jonathan grins in response. "Agreed. Maybe we need to pay Boba Fett a little visit," he says.