Chapter 7- Strike on Dromund Kaas

(June 10, 2026)

Jonathan watches as the fueling crew disconnects the hose from his SF-15, walking away with the hose. At last, all of the Squadron's SF-15s are fully refuelled and re-armed. Now, they're just waiting for Jared to return from the main HQ building with reinforcements.

Jonathan walks slowly around his SF-15, running his hand along the fuselage and wings. By this point, he's been flying the same aircraft for a decade and a half. At this point, he honestly feels like the fighter is just another part of his body. He knows every inch of this fighter as intimately as he knows his own body. Even being next to it feels almost as good as being with Abigail.

"Enjoying the company of your baby?"

Jonathan looks behind him and sees Rick coming up behind him. Jonathan smiles and says, "Always."

Rick chuckles a bit at Jonathan and says, "I get ya. I get ya. Flying so long, the plane becomes part of you."

Jonathan nods. Then, he hears Jared's voice shout from behind him, "Hey, hotshots!"

The members of the squadron all turn in the direction of Jared's voice with grins on their faces, knowing he's talking to them. As they do, they see him approaching with the 38 members of the Ranger platoon behind him.

As Jared comes up to the members of the squadron, he calls out, "Everyone. I want to introduce you to the newest members of our mission. General Meyer assigned them to assist me on the ground. Everyone, meet 1st Lieutenant Franks and his Rangers."

The pilots of the squadron all come up to greet the Rangers, the two groups exchanging greetings and pleasantries. Several members of the squadron are surprised to see that Jennifer Lawrence is among the Rangers.

As the two groups finish exchanging greetings and pleasantries, Jared speaks up and says, "Alright, everyone, gather 'round."

Both the Squadron and the Rangers gather around Jared as he prepared to tell them about the next step of their mission. Once he's sure he has their full attention, he begins to explain to them, "Alright, everyone. We'll be leaving soon for the next phase of our mission. The place we'll be traveling to is this place." He then uses a holoprojector to bring up an image of Dromund Kaas before continuing, "This is Dromund Kaas, an ancient world of the Sith. It's been mostly abandoned for a very long time, but not completely abandoned. The cult we're searching for, known as the Dark Force, was founded on Dromund Kaas and still has a presence there. I believe that their temple on Dromund Kaas may hold clues to the location of their main hideout, which is currently unknown."

"Sounds like this will be an interesting trip," Rick says.

"Indeed. Although long abandoned by the Sith, Dromund Kaas will still hold many dangers. For that reason, our mission there will be a two pronged assault. The Squadron will make a surgical strike on the Dark Force's temple on the planet to break down the outer walls of the temple and destroy any defenses surrounding the temple. Once the Squadron has completed their strike, the Rangers and I will land and enter the temple, clearing the temple of cult members and searching for clues to the location of their main base of operations, as well as the locations of the Imperial forces who have become loyal to the Dark Force," Jared instructs those gathered around him.

"Sounds like a plan, sir," Lieutenant Franks says.

"We have some data on Dromund Kaas from Clone Wars era records and records going back to the Old Republic. We're going to go over this data and develop a more detailed plan for this assault. I want us to make our strike on Dromund Kaas on the 13th. So we have about 60 hours to prepare for this assault," Jared says.