Prologue

Jane's POV

All my life I've fought for freedom from my home, friends, and everything in between. Choosing whether or not you want to be apart of your families legacy is quite hard when they're constantly up your ass about it.
I truly hope Nevermore Academy has what I'm looking for...
Being the oldest of 7 siblings means that you never have a private moment. Helping my father as much as I could. My mother died giving birth to the twins. Ever since, my father drinks himself to sleep every night. Which means that I was left with watching my brothers and sisters.
I'm looking for an escape, and from what I heard, this is exactly what I need to be me and grow.
.
.

Larissa's POV.

I'm waiting the arrival of our new teacher. From what I heard from previous employers is nothing less than impressive. I want her to feel like she's in good hands here at the academy. Preparing her room was the last step.
Jane Hanson.
What a pretty name. Her name was engraved outside her door I had custom made to her taste. Her office was across from mine. Jane is going to be our new counselor due to the recent passing of our last. I hope this one lasts longer than the previous ones.
Her room was also beside mine due to having no other rooms available. Which means my guests will have to be quiet next time. Jane and I contact frequently to make sure she stays updated. She also will be teaching oil painting classes for one of our afternoon clubs.