Chapter One- Friday

"Kinomoto!" I heard my teacher say.

I lifted my head up. "Hm...?"

"This is the fourth time I've said your name!" my teacher sighed. "Why are you falling asleep so much in class nowadays? Is something going on at home?"

"No, sorry." I shook my head. "I'm just... sleepy." Yukito turned around and tossed me a worried glance.

"Are you okay, Touya?" he asked me.

I felt my face flush. "Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I smiled at him to make him feel better. Yukito frowned, but he turned back to the front of the room. Oh, Yuki, I thought to myself. Being tired is the least of my worries.

The class felt like it lasted an eternity. As I walked out of the classroom, someone stopped me.

"Touya!" a familiar voice called. Ugh. Akizuki.

"What do you want?!" I barked at her. "I don't have time for your shenanigans!"

Akizuki giggled, "I just wanted to say hello to you, that's all!" She gave me a quick hug, and she skipped away. That darn girl-!

"Huh?!" I gasped when I felt someone grab my hand. The audacity! Oh, they'll be sorry-

"Touya, are you okay?" I heard Yukito say. My face softened.

I smiled. "Oh, Yuki. I didn't know it was you. But, um, why did you grab my hand?"

"You had a strange expression on your face," Yukito said, his eyes filled with worry. "You looked angry, yet tired." I didn't answer him.

"Oh," he mumbled as realization dawned on his face. "Was it Akizuki? I, um, thought you liked her...?"

"What?!" I exclaimed. Other students gave me strange looks, and I ducked my head in embarrassment.

I cleared my throat and lowered my voice. "What are you even talking about? Akizuki isn't the person that I like!"

Yukito cocked his head. "Oh? But that girl loves you so much. Isn't it a little odd that you don't return her feelings?"

"Yuki..." I sighed, "just because you like someone doesn't mean that they necessarily return those feelings." I noticed a tiny frown forming on Yukito's face.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "I didn't mean it like that!"

"Hm?"

"Well... I'm sure that whoever you like returns your feelings," I smiled.

Yukito laughed. "I'd say the same for you!" If only...

Ding-dong, bing-bong!

The loud bell interrupted our conversation, and a teacher appeared in front of us.

"Kinomoto, Tsukishiro!" the teacher scolded. "Hurry to your next class!" Yukito apologized and I simply nodded my head.

"Come on, we'd better hurry!" Yukito grinned. He rushed off and I followed close behind him. When we reached our classroom, I threw open the doors. The whole class snapped their attention to us.