Chapter Eight- Friday

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I reached out my arm and turned off my alarm clock. Today's the day...

After I got dressed and went to bathroom, I headed downstairs.

"Good morning." I said to my dad and little sister. My dad smiled.

"Good morning!" he said in unison with Sakura.

"I'm not feeling very hungry this morning," I said. "I'm going to head to school. Bye." Sakura and Dad waved goodbye, and I headed out the door and got on my bike.

When I rounded the corner, Yukito wasn't standing at his usual spot yet. I can't blame him; it's still early. I decided to hang out at Penguin Park- I hadn't been there in a while.

After I rode to the playground and parked my bike, I sat down on one of the swings. This is quite relaxing, I thought to myself as I began gently rocking the swing back and forth. I took a deep breath and inhaled the crisp air. A frosty gust of wind sent a chill down my spine. Although being completely alone was slightly unnerving, it was nice to be alone with my thoughts. I thought about happy things, like the people I care about- Sakura, Dad, Yukito... I sucked in a sharp breath. Yukito... I blushed. He's... he's so perfect, I thought to myself, my face slightly flushed. He's so kind, and smart, and pretty... oh, gosh...

"Oh, Yuki..." I blushed, shoving my face in my hands.

"Huh?" I heard someone say. I jerked my head up to see, lo and behold, Yukito.

I stood up quickly. "I...! Um..."

"What is it?"

"Well..." I sighed, "I have something I need to tell you."

"Hm?" Yukito walked forward until he was right in front of me. My face turned pink.

"L-later, I..." I stuttered. I inhaled deeply and grabbed Yukito's hands. "I'll tell you later! A-at the dance, I mean. It's, um... really important, you see, and I don't want to mess it up!"

He smiled and said, "Alright, you can tell me at the dance." I gazed at him and squeezed his hands. My heart is pounding... I... I wonder if his is doing the same. Without thinking, I reached out a hand and laid it on Yukito's chest, just above his heart. Doki-doki, doki-doki. It felt like his heart was throbbing, and his heart rate seemed to speed up each second.

"T-Touya..." Yukito whispered, looking up at me with a blush on his face. Wait, what am I doing-?! I yanked my hand back, feeling more embarrassed than I ever had in my entire life.

"Sorry!" I yelped. "W-we should be heading to school now!" Yukito nodded, his face slightly red, and we shuffled over to our bikes.

When we arrived at our classroom, we were still a bit early. I sat down in my chair and pulled out my book. Yukito plopped down on top of my desk.

"What are you reading?" he asked.

"It's just a manga that I like," I said, looking up at him.

Yukito looked surprised. "You read manga? I never would've guessed that! What's your favorite type?"

"Um..." I mumbled. "I like Shounen..."