Story Idea I Had

How did it happen?: By listening to Undertale Genocide Song - Ashes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The multiverse resets multiple times by either outside means or a particular button that only two beings can access.

Error and Error 404 know of the button while ensuring none know its existence.

The button to R E S E T everything to its most basic level.

Almost like the RESET or SAVE ability of the Fallen Child, everyone except those who knew of the button forgets everything. But 404 one day had memory loss and he forgets all about the button.

Except for Error.

Error could never forget the button, finding it an odd yet frightening existence. Nothing could ever make him forget its existence.

Until Ink happened.

When Ink found the button, did the other decide to use the button for other means.

To get their own soul.

Many times the multiverse resets due to Inks' trials in making a soul for themselves. Error knew the other was using the button in the wrong. So, Error tried multiple times to stop Ink, to guard the button against Inks's desperation or apathy as a whole.

Instead, he became Inks' prisoner.

Ink noticed how Error could regrow his own soul despite it being destroyed. This gained the other conquest of trying to make his own soul. Over many of the infinite multiversal resets that Ink started, children grew from the failed experimentation that Ink tried. Error was at first disgusted with what Ink did, as he found what he did foul and disgusting. But, his soul couldn't find it to care as they seemed to soften at the sight of the children. Error after the many resets grew to care slightly for the children. It wasn't their fault in the slightest.

Error made a home for them, a place where the multiversal resets could never touch them. A place where only he knew along them. At first, the place was for the children that came from the experiments but he noticed more and more beings after some time. AU's that glitched out too early, others ejected from their AUs unnaturally, or other circumstances. Error invited them into this place so they can live and roam. He never claimed himself a savior or protector but he found himself living in this place with them when Ink was distracted for the moment.

He felt peaceful for once in his infinite existence.

All of the residents knew of the multiversal resets and Inks' plans. Many have created inventions to watch over the multiverse and make data of the resets themselves to have stories. None of them aged after hitting their adult stages and they all decided to live in the place of their new home happily. Error was practically their guardian due to his actions.

Until Ink finally did it. He finally managed to create a soul for himself.