Chapter 2 Leh's Warning

Warning this chapter has sexual content. 

Leh was ordered by his father to go to the general's household to inform him that his majesty had asked for the general's presence for dinner tomorrow night. Goodness knows for what nefarious plans.

Leh was ordered because if he was asked to, he would have never obliged. After all, according to his father, he hates taking part in politics even from afar. Not that he has a problem with visiting general. On the contrary, he loves visiting the general's household, because then he gets to see her too.

Niya is the most eccentric lady in the whole empire of Jyon. The one who holds his heart in the palm of her hand and has no clue about it.

The only person other than his close confidant who knows about his feelings about Niya is his hateful older brother. And Leh knows he is going to be a problem when Leh tries to get Niya's attention and for that reason, it is best that she is not aware of his intentions yet.

After all, Leh has plans of his own to execute.

As Leh makes his way to the general's mansion he remembers the meeting his father had with his brother that he listened to from the outside.

It happened after lunch hour. Leh's Father, the emperor of the empire of Jyon was sitting on his favorite chair in his study. The chair is made of the richest fabrics available in the whole continent. The only reason Leh noticed so much detail about that chair was because his brother wanted that chair badly just like he wanted everything that their father owned, including his throne. And just to spite his brother Leh had asked for a similar chair to be made for him as his present for his eighteenth birthday.

He could have asked for lands vast enough to be called a small kingdom. He could have asked for wealth enough to sustain his and his seven generations' life. From all the things he could have asked Leh chose to ask for a comparatively simple chair just to spite his brother that is how much hates the crown prince of the empire of Jyon.

The current emperor of the empire Jyon and the father of Leh is not a bad person his only mistake is the judgment of character. He is too naïve and thinks everybody is a good person like him. What he is unaware of is that the so-called crown prince is not the person he thinks he is.

The emperor's first marriage was to Lady Rekolina. It was a political alliance. They lived fairly in harmony and respected each other. The crown prince Sural is the son of Lady Rekolina.

Leh has never seen Lady Rekolina in person as she died before he was born. That is how the emperor ended up getting married to his mother. After Lady Rekolina died most ministers pressured the emperor to get married again but he declined till he fell in love with Leh's mother who was a daughter of a lord from a neighboring empire.

Lady Asulah was the most beautiful woman of her time on the continent. She could have married anyone she wanted, yet she chose Leh's father. Apparently, she fell in love with how simple he was even after being the emperor of the most prosperous kingdoms to ever exist.

She basically fell in love with the emperor because he was naïve nothing else thought Leh as he tried to listen to the conversation between his father and brother.

There was no sound from the room for some time other than the sound of his father sipping on his favorite earl grey tea.

And then his brother started speaking,

"Father, I think we should offer a marriage alliance with Lady Niya of the general's household." Suggested Sural in a calm voice.

While Sural was completely calm in his suggestion, Leh's blood was boiling with anger. This was another wretched trick his brother was trying to play. He still has not taken his eyes off Niya even though Leh had warned him not even look at Niya ever again.