Chapter 32 unedited

Hi everyone I am back. Finally my exams are over and I have time to write. I will try to upload every day but in case I don't just have some patience. Also my stories are not edited so if the grammar mistakes are too much for you, then read another story. I am not trying to be rude but most of my mistakes are because of autocorrect not because I have no idea what I am writing. If there is a mistake and you point it out that's fine just don't make such a big deal of it and send me private messages telling me that there are too many mistakes and I need to pretty much learn how to write.
Saying all that here is the update. Enjoy, vote and comment.

Jack POV

I heard as Nikki broke up with Mike over the phone after I told her that. In the beginning the idea that we will be together again made me grin like a fool because I wanted to be with her and do everything to make her happy. I could picture in my mind the next 40 years or more that we would be together. She having my kids and I providing for the family and spending quality time together after work. Us going on family vacations, kids running around the house, laughing and learning new things everyday. I could practically see their first smiles, first steps, first word even their first heartbreak. They would be happy and I would do everything to keep our family happy. Alex would be the big brother and take care and look after after his young siblings.

I was so busy daydreaming about our future life that I almost, I say almost missed the single tear that escaped her eye when she said goodbye to Mike. That tear impacted me more than a dozen of punches or a hundreds of curse words. I came to a stop and started to see the situation in a different perspective. To me Nikki was the love of my life that I had lost cause of my stupidity while to her I was probably the psycho ex husband that not only abandoned her, called her a lowlife but now wanted her back and was doing everything to get her back.

"Are you ok?" I asked her slowly

"What kind of question is that? Do I look ok?" She snapped and then she just went to lie in the bed staring at the wall.

"Hey I thought your were Blackheart and that nothing could bring you down."

"Well it's seems like my stupid ex managed to do that."

"I am sorry." I said getting closer to her but the look that she gave me made me take a step back. She looked like a caged lion ready to pound me at her first opportunity but the cage prevented her from doing that.

"For what are you exactly sorry? For not believing me in the first time or for forcing me to live with you now?"

"I am sorry for everything." I said really meaning it. If I had fully trusted her that I wouldn't even think that the pictures were real or at least I would had confronted her and then our situation would be totally different. I would be able to hold her and to wake up every day of my life with her. I screwed up everything and I think it was time for me to man up and take responsibility for my actions.

"Do you think that once we get married you will come to love me again?" I asked her in a low voice, afraid that I'd I spoke any louder she would disappear. How could she look so fierce and vulnerable at the same time while laying down on the bed holding the blankets for dear life I have no idea.

"I don't think so." She voiced my fear

"If you had come back in the beginning I might had forgiven you then but I am not sure even for that. I would never forget the fact that you slept with Jennifer the same day that you asked me the divorce, on the day of our anniversary. Even if we got back together then your betrayal would always be a dark cloud in our relationship and one day the storm would come and we would probably divorce anyway."

"I understand." I nodded and got up from where I was sitting in the bed and went to grab my phone from the table in the corner of the room where Nikki placed if after she spoke with Mike. I was there in two strikes grabbed the phone and went next to the bed close to her.

"Call him. Call Mike. " I told her handing her the phone.

"What do you want me to say this time Jack? If you don't recall I already broke up with him following your so kindly advice that if I didn't you would take Alex from me." She said glaring at me.

"Just call him and tell him that I made you say that so that you wouldn't lose Alex. Tell him that your don't want to break with him and that you love him." I said trying not to think about the bad taste that the word love left in my mouth. I didn't want them together but I didn't want to hate me everyday of her life for forcing her to marry me.

"Is this another of your tricks? After all you didn't kidnap and flew me halfway around the world to just have a change of heart. I am not calling him, God knows what you plans are." She said glaring at me

"There are no hidden agendas Nikki. I feel like the lowest of lowlifes for what I did to you so I am trying to make things right. It kills me to know that you will be with another man but it was my fault for not believing you and I don't want you to hate me. I wanted you body and soul Nikki. Without your soul, your body serves only as a reminder to me. Reminding me that I destroyed the most beautiful and precious thing that I had in my life. Getting married would be a sentence for both of us." I gave her the phone and stepped out of the bedroom to give her some privacy.

5 minutes later I thought that I gave her enough time so I entered the room again to find her fully dressed. She was wearing a beautiful yellow dress that made her look like she was the sun that brightened my life. Well she actually was just that even though to her I was a black hole that was stealing her brightness. She smiled hesitant to me not knowing what to expect. It was like we were tip toying around each other.

Did you talk with him?" I finally asked.

"I tried several times but it went straight to voicemail." She gave a sad smile.

"You can try again later. I tried to cheer her. I couldn't believe I was doing this and it was me who was talking but I couldn't keep her with me against her own will.

"I guess I will. Thank you Jack." She said getting closer to me

"I hope you find someone else special in your life and fall in love again."

"I hope so too." Even though I doubt that anyone will replace you in my heart, I thought.

"Let's go and eat something out since he is not answering. I suggested and offered her my arm. She looked hesitantly at me, doubt crossing her beautiful face but in the end she linked her arm with mine and we left the bedroom.

I took all of my willpower to not grab her and take her to the next clerk so that we could get married.

We stepped outside of the hotel and we were waiting for the car that I rented to be brought upfront so that we could leave. I was admiring the buildings around the hotel wishing that I was indeed in a honeymoon with the love of my life that was just a few feet away from me talking to another woman that had recognized her as Blackheart when from the corner of my eye I thought I saw a familiar face. I must be wrong, there is no way that she would be here.

I turned my head again but instead of only her face I saw her pointing a small gun in Nikki's direction.

In a fragment of a second I rushed towards Nikki pushing her on the ground while at the same time I felt a sharp pain on my back and then there was completed darkness.....

A/N
So Jack had a change of heart and was not such a bad guy after all. I just hope that Jennifer didn't kill him.
Please vote and comment and let me know if you liked the chapter. It felt a little bit weird to start writing again, I just hope I didn't disappoint you guys.
Tomorrow is the next chapter. *Finger crossed*