Chapter 18

A/N
So I started pharmacy school yesterday so I won't be able to upload more than a chapter a week. I work and have kids too so between that and full time school is a little hard to write. Please understand and thank you for reading my story :) your comments make me want to upload faster so thanks for that too. Enough with the rambling now just enjoy the update.

Nicole POV

It was late when the doorbell rang. I was on the phone with Mike deciding where we would go tomorrow for our date. It was our two months anniversary and he wanted us to go out for dinner and the watch a movie. We both agreed on trying a new Italian restaurant that was opened recently and had good reviews. In the beginning when I opened the door and didn't see anyone I though someone was playing ringing all the doorbells on the floor but then I saw a single blue rose in my doorstep.

I picked it up smiling thinking that Mike gave it to me since it's our two month anniversary tomorrow. I closed the door when I noticed a yellow post it note attached to the stem of it. In it I saw the once familiar handwriting of Jack. Getting a flower from him... I didn't even know what that meant. I don't even know what I feel for him. I just know that his presence still affects me but I don't know how. I don't know if I am still mad at him for not believing in me or there is something more that I feel for him. One thing that I know for sure is that I just want to forget everything and live my life in peace with my son.

I woke up early today because I had to meet some potential investors that were interested in donating money for building more schools in third world countries. Since I was Blackheart they wanted me to be the face of the commercials that they would air in the US. It would be a little surreal for me to see my face in tv and even in billboards but I think that Alex would be proud of me once he starts to understand more.

Thanks to Jack I had to tell him that he was adopted and then I had to assure him that I wouldn't go to heaven like his other mom did. I always had showed pictures of Theresa to him but he only thought that she was my best friend. In one of the picture we were laughing while sitting next to water stream and splashing each other. She was 8 months pregnant then and I explained to Alex the he was inside her tummy. My little man asked me if he could keep the photo and when he went to bed I saw that he had placed the photo under his pillow. I started to cry because he never had the chance to see how much of a wonderful mother Theresa was. Life was unfair, losing you mother before you have the chance to know her.

"Mrs. Hunter. They are waiting for you on the room 43" the secretary told me. I followed her directions and I entered the room. Three middle age men were searing in the left side of the table while on the right side there were two men that were in their late 20s and a beautiful woman with blond hair and the greenest eyes I have ever seen. For a moment I wondered if her eye color was natural or not.

After discussing with each other the details of the contract we decided that I had to take a trip back to Africa where they would film me while I was helping children. They decided that it would be perfect if they could see me in action while I taught them how to paint. They were also taking pictures of me while interacted with them and those pictures would be the ones placed on billboards. They were all very friendly especially the girl. She was 26 years old and her name was Vera. She told me that it means summer in Albanian, which in one way fitted her because of her sunny personality. She was the one that would take pictures of me so she would have to come with me to Africa to. The only thing that might be a problem was that I had to take Alex with me so I also had to fly the babysitter with us.

I was wearing a red dress that came up to my mid-thighs and black pumps. My blonde hair was cascading down my shoulders and I was rocking the red lip and my cat eye. I felt good seeing my reflection in the mirror. I know that we say that we shouldn't care what we look like but sometimes out appearance plays an important role in our confidence. Looking good also makes us feel good about ourselves. Dear god now I am sounding like those bimbos.