5

Kamala pov…

Today I have meetings with the parents of the people who made it to the dance auditions. These meetings are basically asking the parents for permission. They have to sign a permission slip which would then be installed into my files. Emails will be sent as a reminder.

My phone started ringing and it was a number I didn't recognise. I picked it up, "Hello?" I said. "Kamala, where are you?" Kento? "How did you get my number?" I asked. I don't remember giving any of it to last night. "Your friend, Trinity, gave it to me." Of course it's Trinity. "Okay then, is there something you want?" I asked, writing some notes down.

I'm waiting for the next parent.

"Where are you? You're not at home." He said. Is this what it feels like to have biological siblings? "I'm at work right now. I'll be done in a couple hours. Why?" I looked up seeing the next set of parents coming in. "Kento, I'll call you back when I'm done. I'm really busy." I told him. "Alright then, bye." I cut the call and I put my phone down.

The parents stood in front of me.

"Good afternoon." I stood up, shaking both their hands. "Good afternoon, it's nice to finally meet you both. Please sit." I smiled, pointing at the chair. We all sat down and I brought out their child's file. "Okay, I see that your daughter is still in secondary school so she will be part of the under-18s." I wrote some stuff down.

"Can either of you confirm if these measurements are correct?" I showed them both the piece of paper. "Yes, these are correct." The mother nodded, smiling. I nodded, taking the paper back. "Okay, I'm going to explain some things since some parents were confused on how this was going to go. All of this will be in the email as well so if you forget you can read the email too." They nodded.

"Okay, they will be performing at the The UK Elite Dance Championships. That is a very big dance competition that could get you around the world. If your team wins, you have the chance to be promoted to dance with bigger dance crews. Bigger dance competition and possibly be a dancer for popular artists. I watched your daughter's audition tape and she is amazing. She has the potential and will be joining my dance studio."

They both look happy and proud of her.

"I advise you to keep encouraging her. She could really go places if he reminds her of it. Here is her uniform." I pulled out three packs of uniforms. "Two are just practice clothes while the other one is what she will wear when we record videos and so on." They nodded, taking it from me. "Oh, here is also her lanyard. So when she enters the building she will show the men in the front and they will allow her in."

I pulled out the permission slip from her file. "This is your daughter's permission slip. Tick what you consent to and cross out what you don't." I gave them the paper and a pen. While they were doing that I was typing up her last details on my laptop. "We're done." I took to the slip and looked at it. They consented to most things.

I photocopied it and gave them the copied one, "This is for you to keep." They thanked me. "Do you have any questions?" I asked, putting her file away. "When does the practice start?" The dad asked. "It starts next Monday. All dancers come in everyday after school, or college apart from the weekends. If they can't make it, they will have to call me and let me know. Again, everything is in the email in great detail."

They nodded, looking at each other.

"Thank you so much. You don't understand how happy she has been since she was accepted. She even cried and said she loved with us for allowing her to do this. We haven't heard her say that since her brother died."