8 | Mandrills

It's not even been a week and you find yourself in yet another bar. This one is quieter, classier than the last. The lights are dim and the music playing is low, just loud enough to hear amidst the conversation happening between friends and lovers.

You're sitting at the bar sipping on your cocktail, looking over the room, watching as couples laugh and lean into one another, trying to make out what's being said from the low rumble filling the small space.

You're wearing a floor length black Versace dress paired with a dainty diamond necklace; this ensemble costs more than a year's rent. It's certainly not what you expected to be doing or wearing on a Thursday night.

No, tonight you planned on staying in after having spent the last few nights hanging out with Shoko and Satoru. Rest and relaxation. You were looking forward to it.

That is until Geto showed up at your door unannounced, dress bag and shoes in hand telling you to get changed and you two were going out for some quality time . Whatever that means.

So, you're here. Sitting awkwardly next to the man in question who has his raven hair pulled all the way back into a neat bun, a suit you're sure is just as expensive as your dress, drinking his own cocktail.

"So... what are we doing here?" Geto wouldn't say where you were going, and you're not familiar enough with Tokyo to even know if you're still in the city, though you'd venture to guess probably not since it took an hour to get to this location.

"Just wanted to have a little chat among other things."

"Ok, well, I'm here," you chuckle awkwardly, "not sure why we couldn't have hung out at my place or even at the -"

"Do you think you can be monogamous with your... abilities ?" Suguru asks, swirling the dark liquor in his glass around the large round ice cube.

You're taken back by his sudden line of questioning. This is something you would expect Shoko or Utahime to ask, but not Geto. He's always been kind, albeit fairly quiet when you're around.

"Uhh, yeah. I think so. I mean, it hasn't really been a problem so far."

Sure there have been wants, urges , wondering how someone's hands would feel on your body when you go out, but it hasn't been anything more than that. Satoru has helped keep your hunger in check which helps greatly minimize these desires, keeps things less overwhelming.

"Mm. Good point," he begins, side eyeing you, "when Satoru tells you he's meeting with the higher ups, he's really meeting with other women to hookup. The higher ups only meet a few times a year or when anything interesting comes up. Like you."

You shake your head and blink several times, trying to take in everything he just told you. "Um. Okay, thanks... I guess." Clenching your jaw, you take another sip of your drink, the weight of what Suguru just said causing a heavy lump to form in the center of your chest.

"Awe, don't be sad." He coos after a few moments, giving a weak smile, "there was never a chance he was going to settle down, let alone with someone who's barely even human."

"I'm not sad," you defend, "I'm just..."

Honestly, you're not sure. Maybe it's all true and you've been reading a little too much into what's been going on between you and Satoru. He's flirty, " nice to everyone, " as Shoko put it once. It's not like you're expecting a commitment from him, at the end of the day, he is just helping you out, but honesty would be nice.

"You'll never be more than a good fuck. That's just how he operates." You're not looking at Suguru, but you can hear a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Ok, Geto. I got it. Thanks." You snap at him.