12 | Skyline

After collapsing in Gojo's arms he took you to Shoko immediately. She was able to mend you enough to keep you alive, but unable to fully heal you due to the extent of your wounds and having other sorcerers she needed to heal and check in on, Nanami included.

Turns out, in a crisis, you likely could drain a sorcerer to death. Luckily Satoru arrived in time and was able to get you to stop draining Nanami before it came to that.

You slept for the first few days in the infirmary, barely stirring, barely waking enough to eat. When you finally came to, Shoko left you with the instructions to take things slow, let your body try to heal naturally, choosing her next words very carefully as she looked between you and Satoru:

"No fucking. At least until we know you're truly fully healed."

To which you replied "not gonna be an issue," because you're still hurt and upset with him.

Except it's going to be a real fucking issue because he's insisted you stay at his place, until Shoko signs off on your recovery.

Satoru thought you would try to make the argument that you need to feed to heal and that would be your quickest road to recovery, but you accepted the doctors orders without complaint to his annoyance. He wants it to be an issue, selfishly, which is partially why he wants you stay at his place until Shoko signs off on your recovery.

He knows you're still mad at him, haven't forgiven him, but that's to be expected since you haven't given him the time of day to explain, even after almost two weeks of essentially living together.

There's a glint in your eye, the same one he saw that first night at the strip club. You're hungry and your body is straining against itself wanting to heal but you won't let yourself cross that line.

With him at least.

But when Nanami comes over to check in on you, you're all "I'm so sorry if I hurt you," and "please let me make it up to you," with a warm smile that you aren't showing to Satoru, beckoning Nanami to spend time with you on the terrace away from Satoru's watchful gaze.

"You and Nanami seem to be getting closer. What's that about?" Satoru asks, hands shoved in his pockets, overlooking the darkened horizon, lights from the city shining from below, jaw feathering in anticipation of your answer. Truly unsure if he wants to know.

Satoru insisted you spend time with him tonight, told you he had something special planned as he wrapped his arm around your waist to your annoyance but quickly clinging to him for dear life when you saw you were floating above Shibuya.

"What?" You ask incredulously, brows knitted together as you look up at him, legs dangling over a ledge he created with his Infinity.

He saw the way your lips moved seamlessly with Nanami's, the way you pulled yourselves in closer to one another. What he's unsure of is if something started between the two of you without him realizing and that's why you were looking for any and every reason to distance yourself from him over the last several weeks.

Satoru never cared if one of the women he's hooked up with would turn around and hook up with Suguru the next day or even in the same night. But it's different with you. You give him a look and all his blood goes straight to his dick. He doesn't like seeing the smile you give to others, the way you're so keen on ditching him to be with anyone else.

When you're around, you're the only thing he's able to see. A shining star in this dark, gruesome life he has to live.

"Just seems like you're pretty comfortable-"

"Can you just stop with the jealousy act? It's getting old. Besides, you don't get to ask me that when you've been running around with every woman in the city!"