𝟏𝟎 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭

𓆙

MAJOR TW: MENTIONS OF HANGING. If you are triggered by this, then skip the part where it says to stop reading.

"Hey. . Ben?"

I murmured into the darkness of my cell, as I tried peering over the small window between us.

Today was one of the worse days. Makarov said he was feeling 'apprehensive' about a meeting with someone important. That was never a good sign; as it always resulted in myself being taken into what he called the 'fun room.'

I hate that room.

"Quin?" He replied.

His voice had dulled since he first arrived, although at least it still remained brighter than mine, thankfully.

"Could you tell me another story? Not a fake one though — I want to hear something about you; your life." My voice reverberated against the cell walls.

Ben was a wonderful story teller. His blissful tales of creatures and paradises almost always left my heart feeling a little warmer, despite being surrounded by nothing but a frozen wasteland. He was my sole reason for life.

He slightly chucked before responding. "Sure," — he cleared his throat — "but first you have to wake up." His tone dropped, now suddenly deep and menacing.

"..."

"What?"

"Wake up, Quin."

"Wake the fuck up!"

My eyes flickered drowsily, until suddenly the voice in my brain registered and I snapped my eyes open, only to be met the blinding sun. The light engulfed my dreary eyes, making it near impossible to make out the silhouette beside me.

"Ben?" I questioned, my voice still groggy with sleep as I made an attempt to stand up.

By the time the words had slipped out of my mouth, the figure threw a hand over my mouth, muffling the alarmed protest I had uttered in response, and pressed my head to the ground urgently.

"Don't. Say. A word." The voice was a low whisper.

I was immediately awake. My eyes widened as I prepared myself to buck the confirmed male away from my body.

"Get you're gear, but stay low. We've got'a move — now,"

I paused. Why does this voice sound so familiar? And why would an enemy say that? What is going on!?

That was when I felt the pressure release off of my back, and I immediately stole a glance at the perpetrator.

Ah. That's right, it's just Ghost. My memories came flooding back to me, as I reckoned my comerad.

His eyes didn't meet mine, though. They were fixated on our surroundings; something behind me.

Meeting his gaze, I froze.

There were multiple people in the distance. They seemingly appeared to be shadows on the undergrowth, as they were hard to spot unless you had your eyes peeled, thanks to their gear that was black as pitch.

They were searching for something. And it wasn't hard to realize who that might be; as they progressively became larger and larger in my field of sight.

We had only moments until one of them caught sight of us.

"Fuck," I hissed, "when did they get here?"