Chapter 1

"Hey, look! That ugly monster is so dirty!"

"Tut-tut, how does he still have the face to come to school? If it were me, I would have long hidden at home!"

"Hiding at home? With his prostitute mother?"

There was another burst of laughter.

The boy had black-framed glasses and thick bangs. His head was lowered, with something sticky like egg white clinging stiffly to his hair. His entire being was cowering as he wore his school uniform, which was also messy. In fact, all the clothes on his body were soaked and muddy.

Everyone around him only had to take one glance before voluntarily moving to the side, holding their breath as they thought they smelled a strange odor from the boy. Their hurtful remarks weren't concealed from the boy. They were filled with malicious intent, hoping to see him die on the spot.

At this age, children were supposed to be the most innocent, but who would have thought that it was the words of these people that were the most vicious?

Xu Sheng's gaze was always lowered, and his bangs blocked his eyes. So, no one would have guessed that this person who covered his eyes all year round would have a pair of captivating pupils, completely grey like a pool of water.

Xu Sheng tightened his fists.

It would be good if they all died!

Xiao Chen looked out the window, his beautiful face involuntarily frowning when he noticed the teenagers downstairs.

The girl in front of him followed his gaze, and when she saw clearly what was going on, she couldn't help but laugh mockingly. "Senior, do you also know him?"

"What?"

"It's Xu Sheng, of course! I've heard that his mother is a prostitute." The girl would score a ten out of ten for her sweet and crisp voice, but she didn't know how unpleasant her words were.

Xiao Chen withdrew his gaze, his expression cold as he said, "Don't say that about others!"

The girl froze. This was the first time she saw Senior's indifferent appearance. In her memory, Senior was always gentle, and had a smile on his face. He was patient with everyone, so the girl's eyes reddened as she murmured, "Yes, sorry."

For more, visit Novelb(i)n.NET

Xiao Chen sighed and said seriously, "Don't talk about others like that in the future!"

The girl nodded her head, biting her lip in shame and holding back her tears as she turned around and left the classroom.

Xiao Chen ignored her and peered downstairs.

The boy from before was already gone.

Xiao Chen's thoughts scattered for some reason. He felt that his current self and his past self had become two people. Everything started a few days ago, when he wasn't able to adjust to the way his past self lived.

In the eyes of all his classmates, Xiao Chen was a gentle person, but only he himself knew the hypocrisy that lay beneath the surface.

All of his kindness and friendliness merely benefited himself, while his true character was actually selfish and unfeeling. He just decorated himself with a tender facade.