𝙲𝚑. 3: 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚗

Your POV

After what happened in the sea with that Golden Guard, you were kinda quiet. That never happens. You spaced out a lot, wondering why you couldn't fight him, why his voice is so... soothing, why he's so... charming- ew! Yeah, that's an example of how you spaced out. Your friends were concerned, but didn't say anything and just assumed you were anxious for Palisman Adoption Day. Anyway, Palisman Adoption Day came, and that brings us to here, the Hexside grudgby field, where several students have gathered and a large object rests in front of them. Eda and Principal Bump are also there.

"Hey, Willow. Shouldn't Amity be here?" Luz asks Willow, concerned.

"Oh, sorry, Luz. I heard she stayed home today." Willow says sympathetically.

"Oh. [Chuckle.] That actually makes sense." Luz looks down, saddened.

"Good tidings on this momentous day. You're all about to receive your witches' staffs and, more importantly, meet your palisman. This is a crucial step in your magical development. Palismen are lifelong partners. They can be both your good friends and a powerful tool. In my case..." Bump snaps his fingers and Frewin opens his eyes, jumps off his head and turns into a staff, revealing Bump's huge ass body length black hair and the scar on his right eye, his left one closed. The class gasps in awestruck. I think to myself,

Bump, please tell me your secrets.

"Holy Titan!" I whisper to myself in awe.

"...Frewin here, helps me see." Bump says, gently scratching Frewin's chin.

"[He steps forward.] Now, traditionally, young witches carve their staffs from the branch of an old palistrom tree." Eda states before Bump takes over.

"But sadly, palistrom trees are becoming more rare. And those that remain are guarded covetously."

"That's why I've teamed up with Bumpipoo..."

"Never call me that."

"...to bring you..." The Bat Queen flies down and lands on the object.

"Palisman adoption day!"

"They're so cute!" Luz squeals.

One of the palismen, a red cardinal, escapes the shelter, but Bump picks them up and puts them back.

"Nope! You're staying right here."

"Aw, ya little rascal!" I giggle, resting my head on my hands.

"These little ones have not had homes in many years. They want to feel a connection. Kneel and state your deepest wish, and your like-minded partner will find you." Boscha, being the spoiled brat she is, rolled her eyes and said,

"Ugh. I want my own palisman, not some trashy hand-me-down."

"Your loss! [Shoves Boscha as she runs up to the nest] I want to be strong and wise to protect everyone I love. And if anyone gets in my way, they'll feel the sting of defeat."

"Tender yet tenacious. Clover gives her support." Clover, a bee palisman, flies out of the shelter and over to Willow. She chitters.

"Oh! [Clover transforms into a staff] Oh, my gosh! I'm gonna take such good care of you."

"Woah..." I gasp in awe. Boscha pushed Willow.

"Outta my way! I want to play professional grudgby!"

"[Chuckles] A competitive spirit. Maya will be thrilled." Maya, a crab palisman, hops up to Boscha and becomes her staff.

"[Blushing] Okay, this is pretty cool."

"My turn!" I basically leap to the palisman area, stating my y/w (your wish), and suddenly, y/p (your palisman) hops onto my shoulder, becoming my new staff.