Prologue (rewritten)

Hi everyone..

Prologue:

Luciana Alexandra Rodriguez
She is a prodigy and no matter how cool it sounds, sometimes it is exhausting to be the best always. She was a bright student and skipped a few classes. At the age of 6, she had already completed her primary education. Also she was a national level pianist.

She was always the perfect child who listened to her parents, did amazing in school, helped others, and had the purest soul who won't ever think bad for someone, even for her enemies. Being the perfect student, best pianist and an example to set by, she couldn't just stay in the shadows however much her introverted self wanted to do so.

But she never hated any of this. Her father,Carlos was proud of who she was and she was willing to do anything to make her father proud. No matter if it meant getting bullied for being nerd or feeling left out in class full of seniors or overexerting herself by studying so that her parents would not be disappointed. It was an unsaid pressure she felt but she had no other option than being the best. She just wanted to complete her studies and start earning so that she could support her family financially.

Her mother, Amanda worked as an assistant at 'Roland Group of Companies' and her father, Carlos was an accountant for a small bakery. They earned enough to sustain, but she would always find her dad struggling with the expenses at the end of month. His health condition didn't help him any better.

When Liliana was 6 years old, they 3 met with a car accident where her father was paralyzed from the legs for 2 years. The company where he worked, 'Roland Group of Companies' was kind enough to offer her mother to work as an assistant in replacement of her father. They also covered most of his medical expenses under the company's health policy. When her dad started recovering, doctors had already said that his legs would no longer be fully functionable; however he could move them a bit. Doctors recommended that physiotherapy can help him walk again. They asked him to take it slow at first but he couldn't just sit back and let his family struggle. Over the years his condition did improve a bit but he still had to rely on a wheelchair or crunches.

She had always seen her parents as her ideal couple but it all changed when her dad got paralyzed. She would always hear them fighting at night but she couldn't do anything other than crying herself to sleep, hearing them curse each other in the background. Her father would always come to her room at night and apologize for the fights. He wanted to shelter her from the world but he couldn't help feeling guilty when he was the one who failed to provide her a healthy environment at home.

Despite all this her father was always there for her. It wasn't possible for her mother to be there for her due to her work, but her father played both parents for her. He was always there for her every competition celebrating her win with cupcakes on their favorite cliff top or just throwing a small birthday party for just both of them.

Luciana was content with what she had. Maybe they were not living their dreamy lavish life but she had a loving father and a hardworking mother and she was happy.

Things went downhill when her father passed away when she was 8. He died due to sucide. He couldn't take the pressure anymore. The financial struggle, the helpless feeling of not being any help and the constant fighting was taking a toll on him. And one final day he just gave up.

Lucian wanted to be mad at him for giving up, for leaving her alone, for not fighting back, but she couldn't stop thinking about the mental pain he went through in the 5 years.

How much would he have struggled before he took this step?

How helpless would he have felt?

How many sleepless nights would he have had before he thought he would find his peace in death?

Was she responsible for not realizing her father's pain?

Did she fail in showing him how much she loved him?

Would he have not done this if she was a better daughter?

These questions never stopped haunting Luciana after his death.

She tried to get back to her life but she couldn't. Her relationship with her mother became even more worse. With studying, constant fights at home and her mother's drinking habits, she couldn't grieve for her father. She desperately needed a change. She couldn't live in that house anymore. And finally after a year, she completed her highschool and decided to move out at age of 9.

She got a full scholarship to study at Imperial College, London and she went away.

Leaving her mother.

Leaving the bad memories.

Leaving the home which was now just a house for her.

She just left with happy memories of her father.

It was a fresh start for her.

A new beginning.

"I hope I make you proud someday, dad." She thought as she stepped out of the house.

-----------------------------

First chapter after 25 votes on this prologue.

I hope you liked it this far. Do vote and comment. Appreciation and criticism both are welcomed.

Date: 9 December 2022

Thankyou
-Dolly