Chapter 1 (rewritten)

Hi everyone

Update: I have made changes in the names. Check the character list to avoid confusion.

Rafael's pov:

It was 5 am in the morning when I finally removed my head from the never ending pile of files. I have been here for 5 hours and my bones have given up on my body. The 3 empty mugs of coffee on the table were enough to keep me awake for at least another hour. 

Yesterday has been a busy day with everyone running around the mansion. Everything has been just loud, chaotic and really hectic for the past 2-3 days. Not that I minded it, but I prefered the solace which I found with the 4 walls of my office. The workload has been increasing and the media is not making my work any simpler. That was the reason I was awake at 5 in the morning going through the work documents. 

After a while, I took a break and got up from my chair to relax my muscles. I could hear my muscles pop as I stretched my body. I went towards my couch and finally relaxed laying down. I really wish I could put a bed in my office. I could also have some good post meeting celebrations here with some good times. I get all those thoughts out of mind knowing my father will disown me after doing that. 

I spent the next 5 minutes finding the remote of my tv. I swear I had kept it in the cabinet below it. I am planning on putting a tracker on it once I find it. It always ends up disappearing. After another struggle of 5 mins I found it on the same sofa where I was relaxing. I remember checking there for it but how the hell did it magically appear after 10 mins is still a mystery to me. 

Am I really that sleep deprived?

I lay back on the sofa and started the TV. I switch to a random news channel. 

 "The well known businessman 'Sebastian Fernandez' is finally getting married today. It has been a week since they made the official announcement and introduced his beautiful wife to be 'Amanda Rossi' publically. They have refrained from revealing any more personal information.

They have kept the ceremony private within close relatives and associates. As of our sources, they will be completing their wedding ceremony in their Family Villa in Barcelona. It has been- "

I changed to another news channel. 

"The billionaire Sebastian Fernandez has finally decided to tie the knot with Amanda Rossi. They said that after the death of their first spouse they finally found their happiness with each other. They first met in Texas and started seeing each other. It has been rumored that they dated for the past 2 years and have been in love ever since. Also - " 

'I need to stay updated with their gossip.' I think as I change to another channel. 

"...business world. After the marriage announcement, the shares of Fernandez company have reached its peak for the past 2 months. The investment made-"

Next channel.

"...about the Fernandez family. It has been rumored that Amanda has a kid from her first husband. Their personal information has been highly protected and no one has come forward with any evidence. But at the same time the Fernandez's have neither accepted nor declined any such claim. Some of our reporter's tried to inquire more from where Amanda lived earlier. None of the neighbors said anything, however we could get some pictures of her house. It seems she-"

I see pictures of Amanda's old house flash on the screen. It was a simple 1 storied house with a small porch in front of it. I ignore whatever the reporter is saying and quickly call my security head. 

"Get in contact with News 10 channel head and immediately ask them to change their broadcast. They have been revealing personal information about Amanda which was confidential. Also inform our lawyers about this breach of privacy and go ahead with the legal preceding." I ordered him before ending the call.